» Hi racers
by Alex Hill Today at 1:07 am

» rFR GP S13 - Team Choice
by Sexy Brigadeiro 20th September 2017, 5:23 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 05 China Grand Prix - Incidents
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 7:16 pm

» rFR GP S13 - Championship Standings
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 5:35 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 05 - Provisional RESULTS - China GP (Shanghai)
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 5:35 pm

» rFR GP S13 - Official Replays
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 4:46 pm

» rFR S13 - ROUND 05 - China Grand Prix - Event Sign In (17/09/17)
by Alaster 16th September 2017, 11:52 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 04 Portugal Grand Prix - Incidents
by Blackfox 10th September 2017, 7:41 pm

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shouting thread - Korea

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Shouting thread - Korea on 13th October 2013, 2:45 pm

Tell us about your Quali and Race!!

if i*ve ever offended you, just know that from the bottom of my heart, i really dont give a shit
View user profile

2 Re: Shouting thread - Korea on 13th October 2013, 4:55 pm

Arrrrgghhhhhhhhh what a disappointing day just shit
in Q2 went just a bit wide but got laptime cancelled , my mistake Sad
so started on 10th and since i didnt have any testrace experience so i drove very carefully and at T3 saw a bmw Sven probably almost stopped on the track and i lost a few places to avoid him , but soon i was up to 6th right behind lau and in front of Areko but i lost pace drove behind lau so Areko tried to pass me on that long left hander but we slightly touched and i spun out dropping down to P13 i think , then had some nice fights with Sven and Juan and Martin but lost too much time and was like 5 sec behind Black , so then i pitted on lap 14 and on the pit a little fighty moment when Tony came out from the pit and i was quite close to him at least i think and had to brake Razz after i pushed so hard,  i recovered serval places and amazingly i got up to 5th place right in front of lau , and it was a hard time hold him since he had fresher tyres and faster than me but had reallly nice battle with him and i opened a 1 sec gap to him and ready to chasing Tony only 3 or 4 sec ahead but i just kept making mistakes and with 3 laps to go crashed on the last turn from P5 , so no mood to go on 
really disappointed Sad just want to kill myself

Last edited by Alex Hill on 13th October 2013, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

3 Re: Shouting thread - Korea on 13th October 2013, 5:09 pm

Q1 was ok.

Q2 was bad because I got distracted from a chat message on the screen in the middle of my lap... then I 'cut' a corner unnintentionally (obviously) and I knew this wasn't going to be a valid lap, so I just aborted it. Still I got a place from other people's mistakes and started in 9th place...

Race was pure shit...
Start was actually good (compared to my shitty starts/1st laps - Webber sindrome?), but at the braking for T1 in lap 2, my car didn't brake properly and then I tried to avoid Arek, but ended up hitting him and we both spun - apologies for that, you damn juvenil...
On the long straight, I lifted up and gave him the place back - obviously - but I was already 'shaken' by that incident and by Joe not being online, so I was annoyed and couldn't focus in the race... At the end of lap 2 or 3 (I don't even remember), my car 'bounced' on that stupid wall glued to the last corner (which in real life is about 2 or 3 meters from the track...) and then my car went off track to the left and hit the other wall, so I lost my front wing... That happened only a few meters AFTER the pit entrance, so... jah, I had to take a whole lap without the front wing - GRRR!!!... After finally finishing that lap, getting to the pits, spending 15 secs to fix the wing and getting back on track I was in P15 or P14 (which with only 16 guys on track was practically the same as being in last place) and then I thought about giving up... but I stayed on track and as if the 'destiny' was laughing AT me, I was 'awarded' with 1 little point in the end, finishing in 10th place...

Another weekend to delete... yay.
Neutral

My whole race replay:
https://mega.co.nz/#!cQQQCabY!Ezf9biKZvUuLpl44RaNXkga6VYQkQ2BV4-ORl07frP8

4 Re: Shouting thread - Korea on 13th October 2013, 5:46 pm

sorry for my lag at start =( dropped to last in the first 3 turns to avoid accidents

good race, my 2 stops strategy had a great effect, especially in the last 8 laps, the softs gave me pace to avoid Sexy

View user profile

5 Re: Shouting thread - Korea on 14th October 2013, 7:45 am

My qualifying was good but I didn't anticipate how hard it would be to drive the set on heavy fuel and hard tyres, as Alex mentioned in warmup.

The start was pretty good but I had to avoid BlackFox so I was under pressure in the hairpins by, surprise surprise, Iceman! Smile
I had to concentrate quite hard not slide the car and so my laps were quite consistent which was nice. Then after my pit stop I had two crashes, neither of which were my fault so it was a shame because they cost me the lead.
I had a bit of damage and by the end of the race with the car getting light, I had some oversteer moments again but caught them this time (Arek, you may want to see T1 of laps 22 and laps 27 for some shots for your video). Very Happy

I think I looked after my tyres well enough to catch Tom, but ran out of laps. Well done to him and especially Iceman. It's nice to help someone and see a good result, unlike helping Arek which is as useful as mowing a field with scissors. Smile

Team "Grande" Pet Shark

"I don't need another novel..." - Mike Henry Jr
View user profile

6 Re: Shouting thread - Korea on 14th October 2013, 9:13 am

Good quali, I think p2 was the best I could have hoped for unless Adrian had made a mistake.

Going into T1, I had to turn out the corner to avoid a late braking Ferrari (BlackFoks). This let Iceman past, and I got a few bumps from behind. At first I had no idea who the Brawn car was, and I was very confused! Then at T2, more bumps from Sven and Lau, because the field was very bunched up, but luckily still no damage.

I had a great fight with Iceman, great clean racing. Very hard to get past and stay past. But eventually I was in p2 again, and chasing Adrian.

We had a similar pace, and I wasn't really catching him, the gap was steady at 2 seconds or so.

We pitted at the same time and I'd gained 0.5 in the pit stop. But then we came up on a group of cars yet to pit. Denis, Lau and Arek. 

Lap 16 - Denis braked to pit in the last corner, Lau hit him in the gearbox, Arek got involved, and Adrian went over the grass. I managed to keep my foot flat and get past Adrian.

Then lap 17 we were scrapping for the lead when this happened, which I think Adrian is referring to in his post. But as you can see, it's a lag incident, so sorry to Adrian but nothing I could do/did do.

I was able to hold the lead from this point on. Good race, and thanks to everyone who moved over nicely for the blue flags! Good job!

It's a shame Joe couldn't have been there for this race as well!

7 Re: Shouting thread - Korea on 14th October 2013, 5:03 pm

Arek

LAT
LAT
I started from the 8th grid due to cutting the lap in Q2 so my time was cancelled. All the time I thought that the last white line means the edge of the track at that place  so that's why I tried to stick to it being off the track limits already which I din't know... Razz

There was some mess in the first corner but I avoded it but then my luck was over. Soon after that at the same place Sexy missed his braking point and took me off...

I lost a lot of time and found myself behind  Lau and Alex having a nice tough fight with them but it didn't let me drive with the pace that I could have. Also at one point came to the small contact between me and Alex while we were going side by side to each other and he spun Sad

Finally Lau made a mistake so I got past him but I couldn't lose him from my back for a while. Then I got closer to Antonio and Denis fighting each other. Tony spun and I had a good fight with Denis and Lau who joined us.

It could have ended up very bad as Tom mentioned in his post. I mean the lap 16th but somehow I survived and I was ble to continue.

I changed my strategy right before the start putting on hards instead of mediums for the first stint. I went to the pits late but again I found myself behind Lau who pited earlier. But at least I had better tyres.

On the first lap after my pit stop I made a stupid mistake spinning my car at the exit of those tight harpins at the end of the first sector losing a direct contact with Lau. I was pissed off because it was on the fresh medium tyres and this shouldn't have happened.

So I joined the other fight. Again Denis and this time Black and I finished in front of them in 6th.

Generally I'm not satisfied with the result because I would've fought for the podium if I hadn't had such a damn bad luck to beat Adrian using Juan's setup Razz Btw thx Juan for the set Smile

View user profile

8 Re: Shouting thread - Korea on 14th October 2013, 8:52 pm

It was a good qualification for me. Bad start I lost a lot of positions but I was able to regain the 4th. Before entering on the pitstop I was shot down 15 seconds to repair. I finished 8th.
 In the race, I saw some of the pilots repeatedly cut off the first and last turns crossing the white line all the wheels. And they were very hard to catch up. Is this allowed? If so then this track is not suitable for the race.

View user profile

9 Re: Shouting thread - Korea on 14th October 2013, 9:02 pm

It was NOT allowed Denis (except if it was a genuine mistake and if the drivers didn't get any unfair advantage for doing that - cutting), but you're right when you say that version was not the best version and IF we use Korea again in the future, I hope we can find a better version.
Smile

10 Re: Shouting thread - Korea on 14th October 2013, 10:34 pm

Arek

LAT
LAT
Denis_Belarus wrote:In the race, I saw some of the pilots repeatedly cut off the first and last turns crossing the white line all the wheels. And they were very hard to catch up. Is this allowed? If so then this track is not suitable for the race.
I guess you saw the red car doing it and it wasn't me Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum