» Hi racers
by Arek Yesterday at 10:19 pm

» rFR GP S13 - Team Choice
by Sexy Brigadeiro 20th September 2017, 5:23 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 05 China Grand Prix - Incidents
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 7:16 pm

» rFR GP S13 - Championship Standings
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 5:35 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 05 - Provisional RESULTS - China GP (Shanghai)
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 5:35 pm

» rFR GP S13 - Official Replays
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 4:46 pm

» rFR S13 - ROUND 05 - China Grand Prix - Event Sign In (17/09/17)
by Alaster 16th September 2017, 11:52 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 04 Portugal Grand Prix - Incidents
by Blackfox 10th September 2017, 7:41 pm

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shouting thread - Belgium

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Shouting thread - Belgium on 22nd September 2013, 3:07 pm

Tell us about your quali and race!?!

if i*ve ever offended you, just know that from the bottom of my heart, i really dont give a shit
View user profile

2 Re: Shouting thread - Belgium on 22nd September 2013, 5:15 pm

well things were absoluetly brilliant in Q1 , but in Q2, after t1 i knew i cocked it up 
before the race start i decided to change to hards tyres for 1st stinit , so was pretty struggling on the 1st laps , lost places but intrerestingly i recovered them back but then i was struggling with hards badly hadnt driven on hards before and made a stupid mistake to allow Adrian and Denis passed me , and later made even more mistakes and almost lost my front wing
for the pitstop i pitted a little bit late changed to mediums and Denis got passed me again but soon i recovered it back , then i set the fastest lap but after that things went terriblely wrong after loads of mistakes and taht spin was killing i dropping back to P6 i think atfer it but got Iceman right behind my ass , was really under pressure but was lucky to hold him and running out of time to catch Denis in the end
so really disappointed with P5

Last edited by Alex Hill on 22nd September 2013, 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

3 Re: Shouting thread - Belgium on 22nd September 2013, 5:18 pm

Quali was ok and among what I was expecting.
Good Q1 and Q2, starting in 5th place.

Race was a different story...

I was afraid of having my whole race screwed up at the start (1st lap(s)) and then I was trying to be as careful as possible and I guess I was too careful... I was trying my best to avoid any kind of possible contacts with other cars and with that I wasn't able to keep the ideal racing line and ended up having a hard time in getting a good traction at the exit of T1 and that was when things started to get bad... Some people overtook me, I went to Eau Rouge side by side with (guess who) Sven... then I lifted up a bit (because I don't have any suicidal tendence, if you guys know what I mean...) and with that more guys overtook me at the long straight... At the following corners, again I was having a hard time to stay on the ideal racing line and have a good traction at the exit of the corners, since I was still being as careful as I could with the cars around me, but that only made me lose more time and places - yay!!..
Next time I should think more about myself only...
Anyway...

I was then in 11th place and then it was going to be another recovery race to me - which started well and I was doing a good job, patiently getting closer to the guys in front of me, having a few nice fights and overtakes... But then in lap 5...
After the long straight Black went wide on the chicane and I was afraid he would hit me when trying to rejoin the track (I know Black is a good driver and wouldn't do that on purpose, but accidents may happen, right?!..) and again, I just didn't want to run any risks, so I decided to go out of the racing line and give him some room just in case he decided to rejoin the track right away - which would be on the racing line and that's why I got out of there, but... that was my 'mistake' - yep, thinking about the others more than about myself... nice, but... not worthy sometimes...
Well, the fact is that I got a little bit of kerb at the exit of that last right hander and half-spun... I was able to avoid a complete spin, but still not able to avoid my car hitting the wall and... there goes my front wing - GRRRR!!!...
So, I tried my best to get back to the pits and it was almost impossible to turn my car, so it was one of the slowest laps evah! And when I was finally able to fix everything, the race was already done for me. It was only the 5th lap, so I would need another pit stop anyway, even if I decided to stay on Hards for the rest of the race - which would be possible, but not worthy anyway - so... jah... the rest of the race was only me alone in track, with no motivation to keep going and I still don't know why I did it... Maybe I was just too pissed for waiting for 2 whole weeks for a race that ended up like that... It took me some laps to 'digest' that... It tasted bad and it made me throw up.
sick

Sorry Joe (for no points for our team and also for your result, since Tom finished in front of you) and congrats Adrian for the win.

Weeeee. Neutral

P.S. My replay file:
https://mega.co.nz/#!wQYmyYKA!TWglzmqn63Vwq0xkNEoOg3GNlbZGFt7nZUtU8joV0Ng

4 Re: Shouting thread - Belgium on 22nd September 2013, 6:27 pm

My internet died during qualifying so I had to reset the router, but it was too late and I couldn't get a time. Sad 

My start was okay, but I had to lift to avoid contact and I didn't want to do a Grosjean.
After that a lot of other drivers were making mistakes and it gave me the chance to overtake them and the drivers they held up. Smile 
I ran wide twice overtaking (Joe and Tom), so I gave the places back - I thought that was fair but Tom thought otherwise. Neutral 
Many drivers had the same if not faster pace than me, so I was fortunate to have the highest top speed to defend and take my first win in a very long time. It was also nice after the bad luck I had in the last two events. Smile

See you in Monza!

Team "Grande" Pet Shark

"I don't need another novel..." - Mike Henry Jr
View user profile

5 Re: Shouting thread - Belgium on 22nd September 2013, 8:59 pm

q1 and q2 was a killer but the race was a throw away!

if i*ve ever offended you, just know that from the bottom of my heart, i really dont give a shit
View user profile

6 Re: Shouting thread - Belgium on 22nd September 2013, 9:19 pm

I was not fast here anyway but I expected better one. I screwed everything up before race even started.In lap 1 I noticed my engine was overheating and then I realized I forgot to set my rads and brake ducts as I should (they were 1 and 1) so I was planning to go to pits and change rads after the 1st lap but then while fighting some cars my car just lost all the grip somehow and understeered into the wall at fastest corner on track which is blanchimont.So I just went straight on but luckily only lost front wing.Then I went into pits(14 second stop) put rads 4 and changed tyres to medium.But what with brakes?Well as I said I noticed I didnt set them too so I knew I had to be easy on brakes if I want to finish a race, so I was more engine braking and lifting far before corners so I could save brakes.After lap 1 I was last in the race and thought of abandoning but I didnt want to give up.I think in that stint I was up in 8th place but then my meds started to give up so I was going to pit and put softs on car with 7 laps remaining.I wanted to wait for sexy to have nice fight with him but I saw he was pitting in at same time and he was much more behind me and I thought I still had chance to gain some positions so I went on (and now I regret this move because I didnt get any positions -.-). As my brakes were pretty much saved after stop I could push a bit more in that last 7 laps and I did come close to Juan but I missed 2 laps aprox. to get him.Im a bit dissapointed becouse it couldve been better race for me but I did stupid mistakes.Congrats to top 3, and especialy PET SHARK!!! Adrian for win Very Happy

Team Pet Shark
View user profile

7 Re: Shouting thread - Belgium on 22nd September 2013, 10:12 pm

Arek

LAT
LAT
After the race I got pretty the same impressions as Black except for the fact that the qualifying session was also "a throw away" Razz

View user profile

8 Re: Shouting thread - Belgium on 22nd September 2013, 10:28 pm

q1 was okay, near the top, couldn't quite put lap together though

q2 lap was messy, and i thought i had thrown away good grid position, but then everyone else did badly as well so i lucked into pole

race - black got ahead of me, but that was fine, i'm not fighting him in the championship. then he spun anyway, which was bad luck for him but also meant i had to almost stop to avoid the spinning car.

then adrian was on me quite quickly, he had a good pace and high top speed

i let him go past me because i didn't want to fight, but then at the next corner he stopped to let me go through again. this confused me, because there was no need to imo.

the reason this concerned me was that last time someone did this (soutie) they crashed me out the race... so that was all adrian

then i got stuck behind adrian through s2 every lap so i couldn't use my downforce and i got pushed back into joe

this continued after the pit stops as well and joe got past me on the straights and i had the same problem

but i managed to fight my way back past on the last lap and again on the last corner, where i guess joe was suffering some tyre issues

good result ultimately

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum