» Hi racers
by Arek Yesterday at 10:19 pm

» rFR GP S13 - Team Choice
by Sexy Brigadeiro 20th September 2017, 5:23 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 05 China Grand Prix - Incidents
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 7:16 pm

» rFR GP S13 - Championship Standings
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 5:35 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 05 - Provisional RESULTS - China GP (Shanghai)
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 5:35 pm

» rFR GP S13 - Official Replays
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 4:46 pm

» rFR S13 - ROUND 05 - China Grand Prix - Event Sign In (17/09/17)
by Alaster 16th September 2017, 11:52 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 04 Portugal Grand Prix - Incidents
by Blackfox 10th September 2017, 7:41 pm

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shouting thread - Monaco

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Shouting thread - Monaco on 10th September 2013, 7:07 pm

We both know what's gonna happen, so...
Rolling Eyes

The sooner it's announced and made it official, the better.
I'm done about this subject anyway.
#movingon

27 Re: Shouting thread - Monaco on 10th September 2013, 7:11 pm

Arek

LAT
LAT
Sexy Brigadeiro wrote:We both know what's gonna happen, so...
Rolling Eyes

The sooner it's announced and made it official, the better.
I'm done about this subject anyway.
#movingon
We know because it's been obvious from the very begining and there is only one way to judge it Smile

View user profile

28 Re: Shouting thread - Monaco on 10th September 2013, 7:30 pm

Sure.

29 Re: Shouting thread - Monaco on 10th September 2013, 11:34 pm

Lap 36 at Mirabeau -

Arek does not move in the braking zone. He only turns after he has braked. If you compare this turn in to previous laps, Arek turns the wheel at almost the same point as he does in all the others at that corner (when alone).

I don't think he had any need to leave any space for another car, or drive with any consideration of another car behind.

That is because (for me) you only need to leave space or drive with consideration for another car, when they are alongside you before the turn in point. I think it needs to be a large part of the car, at least a third, not just a front wing, before you can expect space from the drive in front. It's not the same as leaving space on the straight. If they have only got the front wing inside it's a weak claim to the corner.

Sexy wrote:"I thought you were seeing me on your mirrors and, knowing that I was probably going to try to overtake you, that you would stay on the left and avoid a possible crash"

I think this is an unfair attitude to overtaking.

If nobody is alongside you at the braking point, or at the turning point, then you do not need to attempt to avoid anything. If you are not alongside at the turn in point, then as the attacker you are liable for any collision. (Equally if someone is alongside at the turn in point, then as the defender you are liable for any collision.)

I think expecting someone to predict your overtake and give you space to make it is not fair or realistic. So if you make an overtake that forced the defending car to yield (or go off track) to avoid a crash then the attacker is in the wrong (like Perez in Monaco this year).

It's almost like saying "let me pass, or crash, your choice"

I'm not saying you drive like or this, but just that Arek didn't do anything wrong at Mirabeau on lap 36, nobody did.

Lap 36 Nouvelle chicane -

I don't quite understand this situation. I understand that you were trying to be as safe and fair as possible, and I know that is your attitude. But I don't understand your action here.

Braking later is not necessary to avoid a collision or to give space to Arek. Only turning in later. I mean you could have braked at the same point as Arek, and just not turned in with the same lock or at the same moment.

By braking too late you have just made yourself miss the corner.

As a consequence of braking approx 25m too late (and I'm sure it was not intended) you have gone way in front of Arek, and then left the track. You lost time over the yellow bump, but you'd already gained some distance on Arek, and you had more speed/momentum, which allowed you to stay in front of Arek.

Conclusion - you gained an (unintentional) advantage by leaving the track, that saved you from missing the braking point, and that advantage gave you track position over Arek. The place should have been given back to Arek.

Just consider if there was a barrier there like at some other corners. You would have lost your front wing or something.

But we can't consider intentions in this kind of case (I believe you that they were good), we just have to look at the facts.

These are just the facts as I see them, and I wanted to explain my opinion.

30 Re: Shouting thread - Monaco on 11th September 2013, 5:51 am

So, when's the book gonna be published? Very Happy

Team "Grande" Pet Shark

"I don't need another novel..." - Mike Henry Jr
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum