Formula 1 racing and more!

Server status
Twitter news

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

10. Austria GP (shouting thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 10. Austria GP (shouting thread) on 5th August 2012, 3:05 pm

Hey, guys, give us your feedback about the Austrian GP (at A1 Ring), pliss!

- Personal highligts
- Racing incidents of any kind
- General issues
- Funny/curious facts & etc.
Smile

2 Re: 10. Austria GP (shouting thread) on 5th August 2012, 4:39 pm

Dk what happen with my Rfdhdyund. I drove rad5/boost4 and had at lap 19 (pit stop) 63 % engine wear What a Face so I thought it will be fine drive the race to the end with boost 5. but 10 laps to go the engine wear was still at 63... Then i knew my engine will die, i change to 1 and try to defend my podium but it explode Sad

View user profile

3 Re: 10. Austria GP (shouting thread) on 5th August 2012, 4:45 pm

Ok. start was good. A Hill crash me at t1. my front tyre take contact at michal rear tyre. Thats my fault. good that only my car spin.

View user profile

4 Re: 10. Austria GP (shouting thread) on 5th August 2012, 4:52 pm

First Race in 8 months > DNF, setup error relating radiator resulted in early retirement. Apart from the understeer problems my start was good and made up 8 places at one point.

View user profile

5 Re: 10. Austria GP (shouting thread) on 5th August 2012, 4:55 pm

what a disaster
im very sorry Arnold Sad i already pressed the Z button down but just didnt work well
the 1st part of the race is ok and some guys in front got prolem but Otti was quite annoying and i lost concentration battle with him and made mistake lost a lot of places
after 1st pit stop i was driving alone but crashed on the last corner lost my front wing so another terrible race

View user profile

6 Re: 10. Austria GP (shouting thread) on 5th August 2012, 4:57 pm

Vittu niin

if i*ve ever offended you, just know that from the bottom of my heart, i really dont give a shit
View user profile

7 Re: 10. Austria GP (shouting thread) on 5th August 2012, 5:00 pm

my start was a mess and i dropped to 8 after first corner.then i start to gain positions and i was 4th before pitstop.after that the race became quite calm,after few laps i was fighting again for 4th with joe and won the duel.with 3 laps before finish i saw that tom had problems,i was gaining 1-2 sec on each lap,but wasn't enought to win the race,tom outrunning me by 0.066 Very Happy

View user profile

8 Re: 10. Austria GP (shouting thread) on 5th August 2012, 5:03 pm

I had a clean start. Let the fastest guys pass me, didn't force anything and was just getting places from other people's mistakes.
I had no damage until lap 4, T2, when Sven hit deadfish and he spun right in front of me, 'blocking' my way, so I got hit by Michal (who lost his front wing because of that) and I obviously lost a lot of time with that mess.
Tom said I did the same last season in this track with Bober and Luft - ok. But I got a penalty for that - I'm just sayin'...
Other than that, I had a good pace, even if not the fastest one and with other people's mistakes and DNFs I was able to finish in 5th place for 2 races in a row - another 10 points for the Championship Tables - wish I could do that more oftenly!..
Smile

9 Re: 10. Austria GP (shouting thread) on 5th August 2012, 5:21 pm

I had an embarrassing qualy lap, so I started from p10. My start was good, I had no major problems. My car showed a good performance during the race which allowed me to push every lap harder.

I had nice fights with some guys and a significant one against raikko who had a better pace than mine, So his overtake was imminent.

All in all it's a nice pleasure to start from the middle of the grid and finish in the podium. Very Happy

Congrats Tom for your victory!

View user profile

10 Re: 10. Austria GP (shouting thread) on 5th August 2012, 5:32 pm

Another great race today, and with Tom again too! Congrats for the win. Very Happy

I didn't drive well at all at the start, making a few critical mistakes early on including a spin from over-heated rears and also going wide a few times letting others past. In the very early laps I actually had to avoid an accident with Tom by going completely wide as to not T-bone him from braking slightly too late (it was my normal braking zone but I was going faster from his tow). So the first dozen laps or so were not good.

It must've been around lap 15 that I decided to avoid being caught up in battles and pit super-early to try to get clean air and set some fast times. It worked, so by the time everyone ahead had pitted, I was back behind Tom, trying to get past.

We had some good, clean battles and eventually I did get past, only for my engine to explode with 3 laps to go. Surprised

Congrats to the podium and again to my team mate for getting us some handy points!

Team "Grande" Pet Shark

"I don't need another novel..." - Mike Henry Jr
View user profile

11 Re: 10. Austria GP (shouting thread) on 5th August 2012, 6:33 pm

a good race for me Very Happy

clean start with no problems, and i began to chase down Adrian like in Canada. I expected Grisu and Otti to catch me and attack, but they never turned up!

I am sick of the sight of that Renault rear wing!

I got past Adrian, his heavy car was slower than mine, and then I saw him spin in the background. I took advantage of the clean air and lead to try and go as far as I could without pitting, but I saw drivers were setting purple laps so I took to the pits.

When I came out, Adrian was right up behind me. I was keeping him at bay until I realised I was short on fuel! I had to go to boost 4, and then Adrian passed. I didn't have enough fuel to attack so I just stayed there, but I got a stroke of luck and his engine blew up!

Then I was so tight on fuel I had to go to boost 1, and Raikko caught up to me. I almost lost this race but luckily the finish line isn't so far down the straight as in Canada.

I think I finished with 0.4L of fuel remaining lol

thankyou to Adrian and to all the guys who got out the way for a clean race

12 Re: 10. Austria GP (shouting thread) on 5th August 2012, 7:46 pm

Sven

League Director
League Director
i was 0.005 sec too slow for Q2 Sad i started 11th and had a very great start, was 4th or 5th. but then luft struggeled into t3 and i had to go on the grass. after it i was 13th. then i did an early pitstop. the strategie and a good pace let me go to P6. then i made a stupid mistake in the uphill section in sector 3 and lost about 20 seconds and was 9th. with some luck and DNFs i went to P4 at the end.

View user profile http://www.rfactor-racers.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum