Server status
Twitter news

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 24th June 2012, 7:45 pm

I don't know what kind of breakfast you guys use to have there in Finland, but... I want it too!
Razz

27 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 24th June 2012, 7:49 pm

Sven

League Director
League Director
i cant believe that some guys used the old silverstone pits and complained that there is no pitcrew Very Happy ...

View user profile http://www.rfactor-racers.com

28 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 24th June 2012, 7:49 pm

a lot of coffee, handfull of painkillers.. thats what i got this morning drunken

if i*ve ever offended you, just know that from the bottom of my heart, i really dont give a shit
View user profile

29 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 24th June 2012, 7:51 pm

I see... No wonder why you got back to sleep... Sleep

30 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 24th June 2012, 8:20 pm

Arek wrote:
pxr5 wrote:My race lasted 1 lap.

Pushed off track in turn 1 and again in turn 5 then hit someone merging back onto the track and then I stopped in the wrong pit in the confusion, confusion at why I bother when so many people cant drive but insist on racing.

You had damn bad luck having 3 or 4 other cars around you in that tricky corner... Sad

I wish I was surrounded by good drivers it could have been fun that.

View user profile

31 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 24th June 2012, 8:20 pm

PX use the false pit? lol Very Happy

32 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 24th June 2012, 8:35 pm

Otti wrote:PX use the false pit? lol Very Happy
lol ive never used the pits yet, never needed to I always get fucked by someone on the 1st lap here.

View user profile

33 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 24th June 2012, 9:07 pm

To my race:
The start was very good, I brake for the first corner early because I knew that is hard to drive it with race full and cold tires and I won 4 positions but then at t3 Tom drove in to me and I lost positions. I worked me forward and was before the first pit stop fourth. Then Arek and Joe drove 1 lap early then I to Box and at that Lap I spun and lost to much time. After my pit stope I was 10 seconds behind Joe and Arek. I try to push all but had problems with the fucking gears in the LMT mod and had to much slides and was 14 seconds behind Joe. After my 3 pit stop I was behind Adrian. I was very angry and push the car to the limit, had fast laptimes and at the last laps Adrian and Joe went slower. Mr. Shole went to Pit, my face: http://i.imgur.com/R55mK.gif Very Happy I thought Joe had too a problem and push at lasp lap very hard, but he had nothing, so I drove the fastes lap at the last lap Smile I'm verry happy that my 4to3 Rad/Boost strategy works well, I had only 10 liters to much fuel in the car :/

34 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 24th June 2012, 10:04 pm

There is no better way to 'describe' (literally) my WHOLE race...

De rFactor

35 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 24th June 2012, 10:47 pm

RACING WITH CUSTOM SKIN = BAN

36 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 24th June 2012, 10:59 pm

Ok... ban me, Joe, Alex, raikkO...
Smile

37 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 24th June 2012, 11:00 pm

Sexy Brigadeiro wrote:There is no better way to 'describe' (literally) my WHOLE race...

De rFactor
This makes me sad. Crying or Very sad

Lag can be a big issue considering we live in all different corners of the globe - I think if we were all playing on LAN in the same room, there would be half as many crashes, but yes, there is a lot of stupid driver error, including me in that race.
Sometimes it can save your race to drive a second behind a bunch cars and just wait for them to tangle, rather than actually trying to overtake them properly. If they are regular late-brakers or crashers, they will almost certainly end up going wide, and then you can take a few places easily. It's not a fun way to 'race', but it seems better than a DNF on the first lap.

38 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 24th June 2012, 11:07 pm

Indeed.
But I WAS being careful - that's the saddest part...
I braked earlier for each corner and was keeping an eye on the cars in front, not forcing any overtakes... I slightly touched Dead and liftef right away.
And when we finally got to the back straight, I also braked on its entrance - because other cars braked in front of me - and then I started accelerating again... THAT was when I got hit... (in the middle of a fuckin' straight in which I WAS being careful - not to mention the damn tyres barrier... if it was just a wall, I might have lost only the front wing and would be able to get to the pits and stay on track... but I lost the two front wheels... there was nothing else I could do...)
I know I was actually pretty out of luck and there's no one to blame directly for that, but still it's frustrating...
And I don't think it had to do with lag this time... We saw lots of drivers trying to take the same corners together, like if it was a 1-lap race... So... THAT behaviour is what makes a chance for an accident bigger.
I KNOW that, as racing drivers, we MUST go for gaps when they apear, but we also must remember that the races are LONG and we need to actually cross the finish line to actually complete them and THEN have a chance to do it in a good position...
Anyway...
What a GREAT 'race' I had!
yay
Neutral

39 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 24th June 2012, 11:11 pm

OTTI

see this: i did not 'drive in to' you, you went through my car! noob Rolling Eyes

40 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 24th June 2012, 11:15 pm

Can we BAN lag, pliss?..

41 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 25th June 2012, 12:04 am

Arek

LAT
LAT
You should have got BAN for listening to music during the race Razz

View user profile

42 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 25th June 2012, 12:07 am

NEVER!!!

I ALWAYS play rFactor listening to some music!!!
It's IMPOSSIBLE for me to race without it!
I even sing here and there while I'm playing (as you saw/listened for a little while)!
The right songs makes me go faster - HA!
Cool

43 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 25th June 2012, 12:28 am

Arek

LAT
LAT
I think that song will disapper from your playlist now Razz

View user profile

44 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 25th June 2012, 12:32 am

No, because it wasn't that song's fault..
And I love my playlist!
2028 great rock artists' songs!
Cool

I bet Sven races listening to Justin Bieber...
Razz

45 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 25th June 2012, 12:39 am

Arek

LAT
LAT
Next time I would like to see your fingers on a keyboard - that would be funny Very Happy

View user profile

46 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 25th June 2012, 12:41 am

My fingers ARE on the keyboard all of the time!
I tried to put the camera in a position I could film everything - and the cam was inside my wardrobe (lol) - so, that was the best position I got... I also found out the cam is not as good as I thought, because the focus and image quality are also not great - I bought it a little while ago thinking it was a great cam... - damn!
¬¬'

47 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 25th June 2012, 12:57 am

Sexy Brigadeiro wrote:I KNOW that, as racing drivers...
But none of us are real racing drivers! Very Happy

It baffles me how skillful the real, current F1 drivers are. On the first lap of Valencia, there were times when three cars were side-by-side for half the lap. I could've bet my house on seeing a crash; but there wasn't one. It's almost like they have eyes all around their helmet. I guess they're the best drivers in the world especially now with so many competitive junior categories, but it's still incredible.

48 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 25th June 2012, 1:11 am

I know we are not (and not even close to) real racing drivers - that's actually why we're here playing rFactor, while they are out there actually racing in real life... - the truth is that we're ALL noobs - lol
I just meant that our way of thinking, whether as just racing simulator players, is the same as any racing driver out there: if we see a gap, we want to get it the best we can and use that to help us to overtake, win and etc...

And I also meant that although it's natural that we think like that, we must always remember the races are long and it's not because of 1 damn overtake on the very first lap/corners that we're gonna win the race - MAYBE and ONLY in Monaco this could be true, but I think that not even there, this is an 'universal unbreakable rule' and I, myself, think it's NOT intelligent/smart to risk your whole race in forcing overtakes at the race start (1st lap(s)/corner(s))...

That also doesn't mean I'm 'Mr. Play It Safe'. - I'm also 'aggressive' when I think I must.
But I won't risk my own race and also my opponents races in crazy moves at the beginning of a long race.
Just that.

But this is ME - how I think and see things...
Unfortunately, there are guys here who DOESN'T - so...

49 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 25th June 2012, 7:11 am

pxr5 wrote:My race lasted 1 lap.

Pushed off track in turn 1 and again in turn 5 then hit someone merging back onto the track and then I stopped in the wrong pit in the confusion, confusion at why I bother when so many people cant drive but insist on racing.

I agree with you on the whole but in turn 5 it was a bit tight, we were about 4 cars in the same turn, you forced a bit the luck on the inside when 2 cars were already there more or less, I was on the outside and had a bit of a space from you before you collided with the 2 from inside and ran a bit into me and spin...
It can be seen the action from that in Sexy's video...

I think at the start we just have to use the whole track as much as possible and not necessary go for the inside, it's not like in real life where on the outside there's no grip...

Race driving is like trying to thread a needle while running from a saber tooth tiger.

View user profile

50 Re: 6. Great Britain GP (shouting thread) on 25th June 2012, 7:14 am

Great video Sexy, finally some footage with you actually playing rfactor Razz

Race driving is like trying to thread a needle while running from a saber tooth tiger.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum