Server status
Twitter news

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

4. San Marino GP (shouting thread)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 7:21 pm

i hate both versions,those kerbs are awful especially in variante alta of the new track.hope i won't race imola again,as you cand see only 8 drivers finished the race.

View user profile

27 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 7:29 pm

So I'm pretty sure you understand MY point of view... But it's ok. Let's go to Valencia now!!!
Very Happy

28 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 11:23 pm

I had a nice setup in qualifying, but as some drivers noted with the sector times, I was a sleeping duck down the long straight. I thought I'd easily be passed on lap 1, but thankfully no one fought too hard and that probably saved my race.

It's sad to see drivers frustrated after a race. A lot of drivers were matching my times, but it seems like I was the only one to not get caught up in a serious incident.

Tom McKay wrote:problem is NOT the track
Agreed. Technically speaking, some tracks are more hazardous than others, but a hazard prevails no risk unless there is interference. i.e. a curb will not harm you unless you hit it. The curb will not hit you.

raikk0 wrote:as you can see only 8 drivers finished the race
I think this is a good example that even if your race is completely screwed up, as long as you have four wheels, always drive to the flag! The drivers who quit the race missed out on the chance for free points.

Anyway, there are plenty more races left and ones that are much better for overtaking. Smile

29 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 11:34 pm

Agreed. Technically speaking, some tracks are more hazardous than others, but a hazard prevails no risk unless there is interference. i.e. a curb will not harm you unless you hit it. The curb will not hit you.

That's kinda obvious...

The fact is that since the kerbs or ANY other immovable object around the track CAN be a dangerous thing and make the track dangerous depending where they're placed and how they are.
If there were kerbs in form of a wall or even a real wall in the middle of a straight (yes, absurd and unreal examples on purpose), they also would NOT move and hit us - we were still hit them instead, but... they WOULD make the track dangerous, especially for racing against other guys, right?!...

So, this Imola94 version had terrible kerbs (even for alone hot laps - and even more for racing against other cars) and also a terrible grip - waaaaay worse than Norisring and Paul Ricard that we tested last week and Tom said they were bad for race because they had low grip...

Anyway... only 8 drivers actually finish the race and still you guys come and say the track had nothing to do with it?!...

I rest my case. I'm probably just wrong anyway. I won't insist anymore. I made my point already - sorry for being annoying.

30 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 4th June 2012, 12:28 am

Waited to post because I wanted to see what others thought of this race. Cool

Soooo... some of you believe that this track was bad for a race? Then we should cancel Montréal and Monaco right now! Montréal is almost the same as Imola and Monaco is waayyyyy worse!

The problem when racing online is that your life does not depend on getting that pass perfect, your job does not depend on not touching some kurbs and attacking others on a certain track. Its only a game and we mess up sometimes. Smile

So my race...

I could not get a good entire lap in quals, virtual showing 1.17.6xx but could not get pass the 1.18.xxx mark. Anyway, starting last at this track is not a bad thing...

One question now : who forgot to heat his brakes BEFORE coming to the hairpin? I started 16th but was 12th (I think) after lap 1. I was starting to take "mesurements" on Antonio but put one tire on the grass at the braking point of the hairpin... crunch.

That wasn't the track, it was me! geek

"In order to finish first, first you have to finish", Jackie Steward.
View user profile

31 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 4th June 2012, 9:29 am

LoL Jean I saw you in my mirrors and took my racing line then saw you flying by me and i thought:"God I hope its not my fault" but it looked very funny indeed cause someone else did the same thing few laps later at the same place Very Happy

Team Pet Shark
View user profile

32 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 4th June 2012, 5:30 pm

My opinion about the track - it has great overtaking possibilities, much better than Ausy - of course such a long straight cant be bad for that Smile, but kerbs are killers - I think it is impossible to make every corner perfect when driving 30 laps especially for those driving keyboard/joystick and yet a slightest mistake of touching kerb a bit to much is punished severely. Cant say I don't like the track, only if there's some version with "normal" kerbs - that would be great.

View user profile

33 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 4th June 2012, 10:10 pm

This weekend was a total roller coaster.

I logged in very late on the server and i couldn't do a qualy time so i had to start from the 18th position.

When i hit the wall in lap 1, turn 1, I thought: This is it! But seconds later i saw that i only had minor damages so i rejoined the race and my engineer told me push push push!. A couple of laps later i was following Sven and Bober when suddenly Bober almost stopped his car in last chicane and i tried to avoid him (I wasn't expecting him to do that) but it was very late so i hit his rear tyre and i went thrown to the wall, breaking my front wing and killing almost all my hopes, but i never give up! Smile So, making an unusual manouvre i entered to the pits and repaired the broken wing. After that i had Blackfox the rest of the race on my rear and whenever i wanted to take a breath and slow my pace down he was still there waiting for the moment to make his move. (Good race mate)

During the race i saw a lot of drivers having different kind of issues and a smile started to shine on my face, just i had to keep Fox on my rear and then i could bring some good points for the team ending in 6th position. Congrats to the 8 finishers it was a tough race!

The track is not the problem, there is the proof shown by the 8 finishers, skill and patience are the key for the Imola circuit. Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum