Server status
Twitter news

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

4. San Marino GP (shouting thread)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 6:41 am

Hey, guys, give us your feedback about the San Marino GP (at Imola), pliss!

- Personal highligts
- Racing incidents of any kind
- Haunted corners
- General issues
- Funny/curious facts & etc.
- And HELP ME with ALL the info you can, so I can write my report (since I WON'T be racing with you guys... Crying or Very sad)! But it's ok because I hate the track anyway... LOL - Still, I hope and wish you all to have FUN!!! Very Happy

2 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 7:42 am

good race

3 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 3:56 pm

so...

Quali: Not bad, close to my best lap.

Race: It's actually hard to call that race but I had a good start, then went side by side with Toms RBR and we touched and I went flying into the wall. This was probably my setups fault because the car was so overstear.

At first I wanted to kill everybody and I was about to smash my wheel on the floor but then I laughed and right now im chilling by watching tv, hope you had a better race than me. Mayby next time...

View user profile http://www.racef1liga.xaa.pl

4 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 4:16 pm

Good start went to 11th in first lap and then i lost control of my car and crashed in wall and lost front wing few laps later than went to pits changed everything and went on in that same lap I think In 1st chickane car rolled over I tried to get out of race as fast as possible but it was too late cause one of toro rosso cars crashed in me and lost wing so Im sorry denis or bober i didnt want to do that Sad

Team Pet Shark
View user profile

5 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 4:29 pm

Ok, so i had a poor quali, nearly a second off my true pace. !5th on the grid and after a few laps was running 8th and fighting with sven, well so much for my race my wheel snapped off, literally in my hands lol I need a new wheel

View user profile

6 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 4:29 pm

15th*

View user profile

7 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 4:36 pm

good race ruined by morons not the first time either
was on for a sure podium

8 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 4:40 pm

Sven

League Director
League Director
spun at start -> nearly last
very good pace, crashs and an early pit helped me to go to 3. place
then raikko overtook me. at his try to overtake otti both crashed so i was 2. for a short time then raikko overtook back.
in lap 30 my brakes died so otti and luft could overtake me at the end i got 5th

Last edited by Sven on 3rd June 2012, 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile http://www.rfactor-racers.com

9 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 4:40 pm

I wasn't doing bad, in first lap I climbed up to 6th from 10th (and considering the trouble in front I could've gotten a good result) but then after only a few laps my engine was already half-way consumed, I was using 1 rads 6 boost (as there were roomers that this works) so I put the boost down to about 2 or 3...soon later after a little mistake and with very low top speed Luft attacked me on straight, that kink before hairpin was very hard to take with 2 of us side by side, so desperatelly didn't want to touch him I went a bit on the grass but it drawn me all the way to it and I couldn't brake properly and rejoining the track in the hairpin I touched a bit Luft, but nobody suffered any consequences so please no penalty for that!
After that it was just a waiting game for my engine to explode and finally in lap 21 or 22 it did (after some taunting with Alex).
I just have to remind myself not to follow others when it comes so setup.

Race driving is like trying to thread a needle while running from a saber tooth tiger.

View user profile

10 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 4:43 pm

terrible terrible shit engine
bad quali and not a bad start up to top 10 on the 1st lap then right behind Luft (a very tough time)
made two big mistakes before my pit stop lost nearly 10 sec Sad
last a few laps i was just hoping drivers in front of me engine blow up but sadly my poor engine dead again Sad
just terrible

View user profile

11 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 4:47 pm

I am exhausted, very difficult race for me since I wasn't practicing at all until yesterday, didn't do any long runs etc. 4th place is best I could master, no....4th place is better then I could master but some unfortunate incidents happen to faster then me and here I am - happy Smile

View user profile

12 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 4:47 pm

Sorry Tom, I chose the wrong side to stop. Look repeat and you will see that I braked.

13 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 4:51 pm

that is exactly the problem, why did you brake at all? you should have moved over much earlier
for me it was a deliberate crash against me because your race was going badly (like in belgium)

14 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 4:58 pm

No it was not intentional.

15 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 5:07 pm

sorry i missed this race, so tired i fell asleep watching tv but ive had a rough week, i guess i would have lasted 1 lap on this mod anyway so i doubt i missed much lol

View user profile

16 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 5:13 pm

Arek

LAT
LAT
Oh... First crash in the season. Generally it was nice race even but I want to forget about the 18th lap which was last for me. It's been a good qualifying session where I reached 4th time. I could have made better time but unfortunately I met Sven on my fastest lap in 3rd sector. Before that I was 0,1s under to Raikko's 17:4xx on the second split.... Sad

I had a bad start (typical) because I didn't see the lights and some guys passed me in harpin so I lost 4 or 5 places. I found myself behind Luft and Alex and I was following them for the couple of laps. They started fo fight each other so I took my chance and passed them both.

Then I saw Raikko's hanging on the curb after his spin in Aqua Minerali (that tight chicane in hollow with high curbs). So I was 3rd with good pace. Raikko was trying to pass me and I had to defend my possition many times under the pressure but finally he made a mistake and got spin again so I was safe in 3rd place.

Then sth unexpected happened. I was coming very fast to the Aqua Minerali chicane but after the crest after the very fast left hander I got a puncture on the Denis's front wing. What a bad luck! I had to pit anyway on this lap but I lost time trying to get in with that damn puncture...

Finaly I got in, btw I missed my servive spot a bit so I had to use reverse gear... Smile I was really suprised that I met Tom there. He left the pit just in front of me. I tried to keep his pace till he caught Otti who was a bit slower. I wanted to take my chance to pass him on the main straigh. I made final corner very well being just behind him with better top speed. I had to slow down in Tamburello even because there was tight and dangerous but after that I was in a great position to atack...

I tried by right side, we went side by side and then... he started to flickering right before that fast right curve a head of a harpin. I saw his car "penetrating" my car then I lost control and crashed into the barrier... Sad It was "typical" race accident. We both wanted to do our best and that happened. It was a sad ending of a pretty nice race for me because I could have had 2nd (if I passed Tom there) or 3rd place easily.

Congratz for Adrian and thx for other guys I had a nice battles with Smile

Last edited by Arek on 3rd June 2012, 6:41 pm; edited 5 times in total

View user profile

17 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 6:14 pm

Start was pretty good but then almost everything went wrong, i went to the gravel and grass and so did few else too, lost front wing, so pitstop after first lap.. i was thrilled.. thinking maybe there is going to be some accidents and i continued, then i see Joe in front of me and that gave me the reason to race to the end, 7th place isnt that bad after that horrible first lap!!

if i*ve ever offended you, just know that from the bottom of my heart, i really dont give a shit
View user profile

18 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 6:21 pm

Damn!...

What kind of 'race' was that?!
I didn't read ANY positive 'review' in here!
Did everybody but Adrian crashed?!?!?!

I KNEW this was going to be a bad race, but it sounds even worse than I thought... I guess that's the first time I'm actualy glad I didn't race... LOL
Razz

No Imola94 ever again, I hope... enough is enough.

19 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 6:30 pm

problem is NOT the track

20 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 6:37 pm

Can you just admit the damn track CONTRIBUTED for MOST of the crashes OR at least made the race HARDER to most of the guys?!...

It DID play a VERY important role on this weekend's race, whether you agree/admit that or not...
Nicer tracks produce better races to the league - this is a FACT.
And nicer tracks are NOT necessarily 'boring tracks'. They're just nicer to drive and to race against other cars/drivers/guys.

Unfortunately, THIS Imola94 version was NOT a 'nicer track'.

Anyway... it doesn't make any difference now.
But I myself wouldn't want/like to race in here ever again - but this is also not something we should discuss right here and right now, so... I'm sorry for sharing my 'so against this track' opinion - but it's just because of the reasons I've just mentioned - don't be mad at me...
Neutral

21 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 6:38 pm

lol Tom mate calm down Razz only thing i got to add is I like this version of the track more yeah it has some nasty kerbs but its faster and somehow nicer to me no offense to anyone...

View user profile

22 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 6:50 pm

Arek

LAT
LAT
Sexy Brigadeiro wrote:Can you just admit the damn track CONTRIBUTED for MOST of the crashes OR at least made the race HARDER to most of the guys?!...

It DID play a VERY important role on this weekend's race, whether you agree/admit that or not...
Nicer tracks produce better races to the league - this is a FACT.
And nicer tracks are NOT necessarily 'boring tracks'. They're just nicer to drive and to race against other cars/drivers/guys.

Unfortunately, THIS Imola94 version was NOT a 'nicer track'.

Anyway... it doesn't make any difference now.
But I myself wouldn't want/like to race in here ever again - but this is also not something we should discuss right here and right now, so... I'm sorry for sharing my 'so against this track' opinion - but it's just because of the reasons I've just mentioned - don't be mad at me...
Neutral

"Powiedział co wiedział..." Razz
Seems like you impatiently waited for a crash to say your negative opinion about the track then Razz Hope you feel better now Wink
As Tom said, the track was not a problem Razz

View user profile

23 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 6:53 pm

Whatever... you guys are too hard headed when you like a track - sometimes you can't admit a track is bad for RACING, just because you enjoy DRIVING on it... - a track CAN be GREAT for driving and TERRIBLE for racing at the same time and IMO, Imola94 is EXACTLY this.

Still my personal opinion about the track is not important, so... once again I say: sorry for sharing it and I'm sorry it wasn't a 'happy race' for most of the guys...

I just hope for better races (to everyone) in this league, since we're all here just for fun anyway!
Smile

24 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 6:59 pm

imola94 is easier to drive than the new version flower

View user profile

25 Re: 4. San Marino GP (shouting thread) on 3rd June 2012, 7:02 pm

Indeed.

But it's NOT about being easier/harder (or more pleasurable, or not) to drive. It's about being a good (or bad) track to RACE against other cars/drivers and... IMO, it's a bad one, but... let's just forget about it. It's just MY opinion (and it seems most of you disagree anyway, so...) it's not even important anymore. It's ok. Let's move forward!
Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum