League Director
League Director
-.- on the way

View user profile http://www.rfactor-racers.com

27 Re: 3. China GP (shouting thread) on 27th May 2012, 11:58 pm

Arek

LAT
LAT
Hey, Adrian and pxr5, how did you guys get that crazy cameras on your photos? I want to make similar pictures of flying cars but with stands full of people as a background. Now empty stand looks a bit sad Smile

View user profile

28 Re: 3. China GP (shouting thread) on 28th May 2012, 12:05 am

Arek wrote:Hey, Adrian and pxr5, how did you guys get that crazy cameras on your photos? I want to make similar pictures of flying cars but with stands full of people as a background. Now empty stand looks a bit sad Smile

Assign a ket to the "free look" camera and the move camera keys and the mouse to move around.

you might find from onboard views some of your car isnt visible, you need to change this in your ini file if you want to see the full car.

View user profile

29 Re: 3. China GP (shouting thread) on 28th May 2012, 12:07 am

Arek

LAT
LAT
pxr5 wrote:
Arek wrote:Hey, Adrian and pxr5, how did you guys get that crazy cameras on your photos? I want to make similar pictures of flying cars but with stands full of people as a background. Now empty stand looks a bit sad Smile

Assign a ket to the "free look" camera and the move camera keys and the mouse to move around.

you might find from onboard views some of your car isnt visible, you need to change this in your ini file if you want to see the full car.

Thx! Smile

View user profile

30 Re: 3. China GP (shouting thread) on 28th May 2012, 12:57 am

Just one thing about my previous post...

I DIDN'T say some drivers were 'unfair' to me.
I didn't even asked the other admins/stewards to take a look at my incident with Dead (but they will probably do it anyway when they watch the replay...) - although I honestly think he should've/could've been a little more careful, since he SAW me and Sven fighting into T1 and when I tried to avoid Sven, Dead ended up hitting me... It was probably just a genuine race incident, but still THAT (the incident and NOT Dead 'the person' - because I KNOW it wasn't on purpose and he is a GREAT driver and also a nice guy - so I'm also NOT 'blaming HIM' for my 'could have been better' race) was what fucked up my entire race the most, since it fucked up my whole 1 pit stop strategy - and it's just a little frustrating to KNOW I could've done a better job...

Anyway...

The thing about LOTS of other drivers doing 'shit' in front and behind me is:
I have NOTHING against being 'aggressive' on track - in fact, I appreciate that, although I, myself, am NOT so aggressive while driving (I rather drive using my 'brain' and not just my 'heart') and sometimes I feel like one of the VERY FEW drivers on this league who actually cares about the other cars/drivers around...
But I REALLY think most of you guys should be a little more careful too - and that DOESN'T mean you can't (or it would be 'wrong' to) be aggressive.

But... one thing is being aggressive...
And another thing is being dumb.

And, sometimes, some/most of you guys are only aggressive...

You try some stupid (or at least just careless) overtakes and moves that WON'T give you the position (maybe just for a few seconds/meters and then you'll lose it again after the corner, or more ahead on the straight) and will ONLY make the two of us lose time - and have a GREAT risk of having an accident and screwing up someone else's entire race - especially on the very 1st laps of the race... - some of you guys drive like if it was only a '3-laps race' or something and seems to 'forget' the race is long... and 'strategy' seems to mean only 'pit stop strategy', when in fact it means/involves a LOT of other aspects in a race...

And, most importantly: to win a race, or get into a good finish position, you actually must FINISH the race in a good position and not just risk everything (yours and/or others) on 1 move/overtake...

Long story short:
Be aggressive, but ALSO be smart and intelligent - and ALSO a little bit more careful and even 'gentle' (race like men. Not like kids) with your opponents (they're not your 'enemies' - these are two COMPLETELY different things)...

Pliss & Thanks.

Senna

31 Re: 3. China GP (shouting thread) on 28th May 2012, 8:23 pm

My bad for rear ending you, maybe I should have been more tentative but once you shifted position I couldn't brake in time, ah well Smile Damn I was pissed lol

View user profile

32 Re: 3. China GP (shouting thread) on 28th May 2012, 8:24 pm

I mean angry not drunk Smile

View user profile

33 Re: 3. China GP (shouting thread) on 29th May 2012, 3:11 am

It's ok, dead.

Although our incident was what fucked up my whole race the most, I also suffered a LOT because of LOTS of other drivers being 'aggressive & dumb' - and I just said that everyone can be aggressive and smart/intelligent at the same time.

I'm sorry if your race was also not as good as you expected - both of us tried our best and unfortunately got out of luck...

So... better luck to both of us on the next races!
Smile

34 Re: 3. China GP (shouting thread) on 29th May 2012, 4:17 am

There´s something funny in all this argument about crashes. I always try to be careful about crashing any other driver because I think it´s pretty annoying to prepare a race along a week to finish it in the first corner. The funny thing is crashes always happen in the the head of the grid. As Sexy said some drivers just are worried about their races (and I know it has to be like that) and they don´t realize about the rest of the group. I had an incident in the first corner because of that and even when I braked long time before the corner, was imposible to avoid the crash. So I think some drivers should try to be more careful. I´m not even thinking about to get a victory or get some points. I´m trying to enjoy races and avoiding accidents. But it´s really difficult to enjoy a race when your car is destroyed in the first corner. Of course I agree with Otti when he says this is just a computer game but for some people like me the race start almost at 7 am on sunday and it´s a valious time for people who work all the week until night trying to support a family with 4 kids and a fat wife who doesn´t make another thing that eating all the time. I´m just saying..

View user profile

35 Re: 3. China GP (shouting thread) on 29th May 2012, 4:27 am

You're right about all you said, kurt.

And the things I said were NOT directed to deadfish or ANY other specific driver - it was directed to EVERYONE - simply because some of that 'a little bit too aggressive driving/behaviour' happens in every race and even in test races, which should be races just for fun and to test the setups (they're NOT about winning or losing at all)... But even our Official Races (and the whole league) is just for fun - this is NOT a 'Professional League', with prizes and money involved - we're all here just to have some good fun and race against great drivers and nice guys - right?!...

But it's hard to have fun when you have your race fucked up by other careless drivers, who are only fast and aggressive, but are NOT careful, smart and intelligent - you CAN be ALL of these things at the same time, you know?!.. Or, at least, find a better balance between all of these qualities..

And just because this is just a game and we're here just for fun, that doesn't mean it's 'ok' if we get our whole race fucked up by others - THAT'S NOT 'having fun' at all...

So... I just think we could be an even better league - even being a 'just for fun league' if some/all drivers were a little bit more careful, smart and intelligent about their races, moves and strategies (and they can STILL be also fast and aggressive) - is it SO hard to do, guys?..

Just think about it..
Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum