Server status
Twitter news

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

2. Australia GP (shouting thread)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 2:58 pm

Hey, guys, give us your feedback about the Australian GP (at Melbourne), pliss!

- Personal highligts
- Racing incidents of any kind
- General issues
- Funny/curious facts & etc.
Very Happy

2 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 4:25 pm

What can I say? Radiator 5 and Boost 4 wasn't enough Sad

3 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 4:34 pm

radiator 4 boost 6 1 lap and than boost 4 70% the time and 5 30% wtf is wrong with that engine and otti wtf was that i though i loose my front wing because of your stupid move after your engine died -.-!

4 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 4:35 pm

Otti (and Grisu) do you have rFDynHud?
To me it's the BEST way to keep an eye on your engine wear and so it's easier to try and save it.
If you can't actually SEE how much you're wearing, it's harder to 'control' and then you may get 'surprised' like that... It's not the 1st time it happens to you guys and you should've done something about it already - I'm just sayin'...
Smile

Last edited by Sexy Brigadeiro on 14th May 2012, 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total

5 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 4:43 pm

Extremely happy to come home with 2nd, let alone a podium. I hadn't any time to set up my car, so I was just trying to salvage any points. My qualifying lap was probably one of my best ever, so I was really happy to start 3rd.
I was a bit conservative at the start and got passed by Otti and Joe. I was pushing to pass Joe and eventually he made a tiny mistake, so I got through, but by then I was already 8 seconds behind the leader. Joe drove very nicely though, thanks!
The rest of the race was all about tyre and engine management, and thankfully it paid off. Tom slowed down towards the end for some reason, but I had to also with fuel concerns. 2nd is plenty, so I wasn't gonna get greedy with 1st, and I knew he could probably hold me off he if wanted.

Congrats to Tom for his first win! Also to Adam who did an amazing job to finish on the podium with us, in his first ever race.

6 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 4:45 pm

another terrible race for me ,made too many mistakes ,spun many times and i dont know why my car is too hard to control my fingers are very hurting now
sorry Joe i could get more points

View user profile

7 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 4:46 pm

Very sloooow start for me, fairly clean to the first corner. In S2 in hit some McLaren (I'm sorry) and for most of the GP I was comfortably in 6th. I think my pit stop was 1 lap too late because I nearly lost my position and lost quite a lot of time to the guy in front. Second stint was really messy. I was all over the palce nearly spinning in S3 but at the end of the race luck was on my side and I managed to squeeze past J. MacLaggen with 4 corners to go. Well.. what can I say. Podium in my debiout is something that I could only dream about Smile Looking forward to the Chinese GP.

Don't know why but my hud changed during the race and I had to drive from the cockpit view which am not used to. Widgets were blocking TvStyle view Evil or Very Mad

View user profile http://www.racef1liga.xaa.pl

8 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 4:56 pm

Sexy, RFd say that my engine was dead after 10 Laps Very Happy

9 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 5:20 pm

great race! i won! Very Happy

i hardly saw another car all race

grisu passed me into t1, and i passed him maybe on lap 8 or something with a good move around the outside in to t3.

then after the pitstop i had otti all over my ass until he blew his engine.

grisu had dropped back so i knew all i had to do was nurse the car home. so i went to boost 2 and took it easy.

on the last 3 laps i went slow, coasting, saving the brakes, not going top speed on the straights. all i could think was how i lost the race on the last lap in monaco! so i was very careful here

guys at the back all moved out the way nicely, so for me a good, clean race.

10 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 5:21 pm

Otti:
This is a rFDynHud bug and on RACE sessions, it shows the engine wear being consumed 2x faster (I don't know why), so... all you gotta do is keep in mind that you actually have 2x what it shows there.
For example:
If it shows you spent 40% of it, that means you still have 60% left, right? But the truth is that you actually spent only 20% of it and that you actually have 80% of engine wear left.
As a general rule: on RACE sessions, the engine wear HAS to get to 0% AFTER 50% of the race. If that happens and you keep the same average of engine wear until the end of the race, you're good to go.
On PRACTICE sessions, the engine wear is accurated on rFDynHud - THAT'S why it's important to make a race simulation (the total number of laps) on a PRACTICE session to be SURE of how EXACTLY is your engine wear.
I hope that helps you.
Smile

About my race:
It wasn't a great race for me, because I didn't overtake anyone and I actually made a mistake and got overtaken by Alex, then had to save tyres and got overtaken by Arek (and I was faster than him 90% of the race)... Not to mention I spent my whole 1st stint right behind Bober and I guess I was a little faster than him too, but not enough to overtake him, because it's hard to drive at someone's ass all of the time on that track...
Anyway... I started in 20th place and finished in 8th, scored a few points on a track I was pretty slow, so... I can't complain... much...
Razz

Sorry for hitting cueball on T1, but you spun right in front of me and I tried my best to avoid you, but I couldn't.
And I touched Bober on the braking for T3 on lap 2 and overtook him because of that, BUT I braked and gave him the position back RIGHT AWAY on T4 (and I also didn't cause him to lose any other postions), so... I hope I don't get a penalty for that... Still, I'm sorry, Bober and I hope you forgive me!
Smile

And CONGRATS TOMMY FOR THE 1st WIN - FINALLY, mate!!!!!!! cheers

And also congrats to Adam for getting a podium on your 1st race and also some good points for FI!!!
And don't get me wrong, mate, I hope ADI can come back and you can stay on the league (even if racing by other team), because you're a good and nice driver as well - the kind of driver we want in our league!
Smile

11 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 6:45 pm

Boring race for me. Almost not worth leaving a post. Embarassed

I wanted to start last again. I had made 1.26.5xx in practice but knew that it would only move me a few places up. And, I admit being scared of standing starts and T1 funnels. The guy in front of me on the grid had a bad start so I lifted... and let all pass. Sad There was bad stuff in T1, went around and let pxr pass. I have to remember to put on my spine for the next race! Evil or Very Mad

I took the stupid decision of putting on hard tires for the start of the race : I could not go faster than 1.30.xxx for the first 10 laps, i.e. everyone just disapeared in front of me. Other drivers were making mistakes or loosing their front wings, misery loves company!! Laughing

I had a few good battles after I put on soft tires (will I remember this for the next race, you think?) but could not finish on the same lap as the leader and scored any points again.

But I had no engine issues (rads at 6 and boost at 3 first 50% of race. boost at 5 until end), had 3 laps of fuel left but I only did 28 laps and my slow first laps did save me a bit of fuel.

Btw Sexy, the HUD in rFactor can give you your oil temp and other info on the car. If you keep your oil under 100 oC, your engine will last 500 Km! Mine was at 97 oC at end of race. Very Happy

"In order to finish first, first you have to finish", Jackie Steward.
View user profile

12 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 6:51 pm

Nice tip about the oil temp, Jean! So that's another way of keeping an eye on your engine life!
Smile

And I'm sorry your race was boring - mine was too...
And it wasn't a smart 'move' to use hards - UNLESS it was the only way for you to make only 1 stop - on this case, I think you did the right thing, but unfortunately wasn't able to keep a good pace - I mean, it's normal to be slower with hards, obviously, but if even with hards we have a pace slower than expected... that's not good - LOL
Anyway... I'm sorry you got close to score points again, but still didn't get them - you're doing fine making to the end of the races and your points will come soon, you'll see!!! Just keep up the good work, mate and I wish you luck at China - 2 weeks to practice and get faster!!!
cheers

13 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 6:56 pm

Sven

League Director
League Director
i had very bad luck. my start was ok i was in pos 6-8 i was following luft as i lost my frontwing. after the pit i had a surprising strong pace and was faster than arek and some other guys. but i made a stupid mistake again and spun. so i raced on pos 11-14 half of the race till my engine blew in lap 26.

View user profile http://www.rfactor-racers.com

14 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 7:07 pm

Jackblack i was knocked out and I went back into the race only 19.
From this position it was very hard to fight for points.

15 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 7:09 pm

i forgot to mention that Sven sent me a nice /w message on my last lap saying 'retire the car major problem' -_-

lol

16 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 7:13 pm

Lol

17 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 7:43 pm

BAN Sven!!!
Mad

And pliss, investigate the incident Denis mentioned above!
Smile

18 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 8:20 pm

Congrats Tom for the first win and Sexy for the first points Wink

Race driving is like trying to thread a needle while running from a saber tooth tiger.

View user profile

19 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 8:24 pm

So, now about my race.
I did a very bad qualifying. Didn't drive a clean lap and I start only 4 Sad The race start was bad too. I thought that I can drive from 4 to 1, because I had my super Singapore start setup Very Happy At the first lap on the fast left right I did a little error, so Adrian came and overtake me at the straight, but after the straight, I had overtake him again with a great move Cool Then I drove my rounds and rounds try to catch Tom and Grisu but it wasn't easy, so I decided go 1 lap early to pit and it was a good strategie, I pass Grisu and was under a second behind tom. I push very hard, then I was behind him bevor the fast left right, but I did a mistake and lost the chance to overtake him Sad But I try again to catch him and then, my engine blew up -.- after 2 Race 0 point, good job Otti Very Happy

20 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 8:27 pm

Arek

LAT
LAT
It was a quite tough race for me. In qualifying session I was able to squeezed my personal best time ever on this track but it turned out it was enough only for 8th place on the grid. My start took place without problems which unfortunately started on T1. I tried to slow down as smooth as I could and was ok but just before the turn I finally had to brake stronger and when I pressed brake pedal a bit more then instantly got monstrus lock up of my front tyres and went straigt instead of turn right... That damn formation lap could have changed many things for me and maybe I would start earning some positions instead of losing all the time but whatever Razz

So, fortunately I didn't go wide beeing able to take that corner and lost only 4 positions Smile But just after that I had a great oportunity to take some back. I noticed some free space so I took a risk trying to pass Denis and Sven at one time on T3. It was a bit optimistic move but Denis noticed what I wanted to do leaving some space where I squeezed my ass into. It was my highlight of the race Wink

While later after Alex's mistake I had an hot moment in the fastest chicane, touched Sven, damaged my car a little bit, got hit from behind from JackBlack and finally got passed by all Team Belarus (everyone stayed on the track).

Well, after first lap I found myself just behind Sexy (12th place). I didn't know yet I would have to watch his back for half of the race or even more... I could have gone faster without him in front of me but he was fast enough to keep me behind in overtaking spots Crying or Very sad I "got him on my fork" at the end of lap 7 but he revenged at main straight immediately... I was pissed off. He led to a situation that I had to defend possition against my teammate Goa who fortunately was very kind letting me stay in front of himself. Thx mate Smile

On the lap 11 (T5) I had a big lag. I saw like my game just hanged up. I thought that was over but after one or two seconds I "woke up" on the grass next to the barrier (lost two places) Shocked

Then I had the most confusing moment ever in our league. I booked the crew wanting to do my pit stop but at the end of the lap 13 in last moment I noticed that my teammate who was in front of me was going to make his pit stop too! Damn, I already was in pit entrance but I menaged to turn left back on the track just before the wall Surprised Crazy

After I finally got my pit stop I went out just ahead of Sven. It was great fight between us. He pressed very strong and I had serious troubles but I defended my place getting closer to Sexy.

On the lap 19 I met Sexy again on my way and the scenario has repeated.... What a damn bad luck I thought Razz I wanted to stay behind him in 12th place till the end because I hadn't chances for points anyway but few laps later one driver who was driving the front got an engine failure so I realised that I could score one point! Decided to switch to full attack mode and finally passed him on 24th lap! It wasn't 100% clear overtaking but he took what he deserved for and I felt relieved Twisted Evil

At the end I crossed the finsh line as 7th. I would like to thank everyone for a good fight and great race especially big thanks to Grisu's and Otti's engines and Alex Hill for his mistakes which gave me some extra positions Smile Congratulations to Tom for his first victory and Adrian as well as Adam for podium places.

Last edited by Arek on 13th May 2012, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

21 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 8:45 pm

Arek is such a funny guy... Razz

I KNEW you would say something about the touch we had when you overtook me, but I REALLY hope you're not suggesting I tried to unfairly block you or something... In fact, I was just trying desperately to brake and actually just take T3 (to the right), because I thought I was going to go offtrack, so I just turned to right the best I could and since I drive on keyboard, I can only turn '100%' to the right or to the left - and I tried to leave you some room, so I'm sorry if I failed... But I DIDN'T try to 'block' you or anything, because that's not how I play/drive - and in the end you finally passed me and would've passed anyway, sooner or later, because as I told you, I was saving tyres, because I had a higher consumption that I was expecting on my 2nd stint...
Anyway...

I missed you on track, Mate (ADI)! And thank you for the compliment!!!
I hope you're back for China - we have 2 weeks to practice from now!!!
Smile

And Otti... 'Good job!' - LMAO!!! Razz

22 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 9:00 pm

Arek

LAT
LAT
I didn't say you did something wrong in that situation Sexy Smile I said it because I wasn't happy I spent half the race watching your rear wing not beeing able to pass you. I think I could have passed Bober at the end if you hadn't slowed me down all the time Razz But this is racing Very Happy

View user profile

23 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 9:10 pm

Just like I wasn't happy to spend the whole race behind Bober (and with you on my ass... - damn, that was the gayest thing I've ever said in my life!... Razz) - and I also think I could've done waaaaaay better without Bober in front of me. He didn't do anything wrong, but everytime I got close enough to try to overtake him, the driving of the car got harder too, due to the draft/low downforce effect, but... 'that's racing'.
Smile

24 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 9:25 pm

my internet just came on :/ so sad ....africa...shit hole

25 Re: 2. Australia GP (shouting thread) on 13th May 2012, 9:27 pm

Is good to live in switzerland Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum