Server status
Twitter news

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

1. Japan GP (shouting thread)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 6th May 2012, 8:13 am

Hey, guys, give us your feedback about the Japanese GP (at Suzuka), pliss!

- Personal highligts
- Racing incidents of any kind
- General issues
- Funny/curious facts & etc.
- And HELP ME with ALL the info you can, so I can write my report (since I WON'T be racing with you guys... Crying or Very sad)! Still, I hope and wish you all to have FUN!!! Very Happy

2 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 6th May 2012, 5:04 pm

Sven

League Director
League Director
ok i started and failed the first turn i came back on track as 16th. i did only 1 stop so i tried to save my tires and drive very slow but at the end it got me to the 5th place Smile

View user profile http://www.rfactor-racers.com

3 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 6th May 2012, 5:04 pm

I'm very happy with the result, but it's probably not the race I was expecting. I had a terrible start, dropping the limiter (I use it like a 2nd clutch) way too early and toasting my rears, but thankfully only passed by Grisu in the process. My tyre degradation was higher than I anticipated, so I had to think up a new strategy, then I spun, lost half-a-dozen seconds and was forced to two stop. After the first round of stops and raikkO's unforunate penalty (which was just like my first race, too), I found myself behind Grisu again, but he wasn't aware of my strategy so I snuck into the pits and got the undercut. After that I could turn the engine down and try not to make errors, but without raikkO's and Grisu's misfortunes, I think the race would've been very interesting.

I offer an apology to Tom for the start since I respect him a lot for his outstanding work on the league, but I honestly don't think the person infront can be at fault unless they are completely reckless, and I tried my best to keep the car in a straight line. I hope there are no hard feelings.

4 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 6th May 2012, 5:45 pm

WOW! What a rush!! Surprised

I did only an installation lap for the qualif 'cause I wanted to start last. This was my first race with you guys so I didn't want to cause trouble. But this was actually a team strategy to sandwitch all drivers between Raikko and I!! Very Happy

Race went fine for me, gaining positions because others faulted or crashed.

One thing to mention : I am sorry Tom for blocking you. My inexperience almost ended your race. I should of "dropped ankor" between turns 8 & 9 instead of trying to do let you pass after 9. sorry for the scare. I had to go change my front wing after our encounter and that took my out of a possible top 10. Embarassed

Next race, I want to at least finish on the lead lap. I am not satisfied with this one bit! Evil or Very Mad

thx for all your help to get me started here.

"In order to finish first, first you have to finish", Jackie Steward.
View user profile

5 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 6th May 2012, 6:11 pm

it was great to be back out racing again, love that buzz i get even though it's just a game!
i can't complain about a top 5 really.

no hard feelings to adrian, not his fault, but i'm just disappointed my race started on the grass basically. i fell down to practically last place i think but i was lucky to not lose my front wing in the barrier.

i think if this hadn't happened though i definitely could have been challenging for the win as i only made one stop.

going through turn one and the esses on the first lap was crazy. cars spinning and crashing everywhere. some incidents with backmarkers and some mistakes of my own made a generally frustrating race.

i had 3rd until the final lap but i had 0% tyres remaining so i just couldn't defend him, even though i tried to overtake him again into the chicane Kobayashi style, so i'm sorry to Arek for that lol.

6 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 6th May 2012, 7:15 pm

Arek

LAT
LAT
Nice to be in a cockpit racing again after the brake Smile It was a very good race for me. Before the start of the race weekend I knew that I had a potential for 5th or 6th place. It proved to be that I made 4th best time in quali (and my personal best ever in Suzuka) so I was really satisfied but knowing that there would be very hard to make something more during the race the same time.

My start was not so good (typical for me) Razz but wasn't terrible as well. I got passed by Tom instantly but just after that he hit Adrian who made really big burnout so I was overtaken "only" by Denis and Soutie. 6th place was ok so I was trying to be very careful at the begining remembering what happened "last year" and trying to find my rythym. It was good strategy because they both left the circuit soon and I jumped into 4th place.

Then I realised that one of Red Bulls was coming up from behind. I thought that Tom recovered such fast. I was trying to do my best keeping him behind but he was faster and after several succesful defending moves I had to capitualate (lap "8"). I was suprised when it turned out that it was Luft Smile We had great battle in pit lane on the next lap. He came first but at the exit of the pit lane we went side by side. My pression on him was enough to make him turn his pit lane limiter off a few cm before the line and he got a penalty for speeding weee! Very Happy

Then nothing special was happening for me till I finally got Tom on the very last lap. It was great battle. I suspected that his tyres are almost gone so I was pushing as much as I can (I had two pits strategy so I made my second pit earlier to make sure my tyres would be in good condition at the end of the race). And it worked. I passed Tom in 130R! He tried to make a crazy revenge move in the last chicane but it was impossible to do so he went wide and I finished on podium place! Surprised

Thx for good race to everyone, especially for Luft and Tom for great battles and we will see each other in Australia Smile

Last edited by Arek on 6th May 2012, 7:19 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user profile

7 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 6th May 2012, 7:17 pm

congrats to all of you,it was a great race.

i made a noob mistake in first pitstop(driving over 78 km/h, because I thougt that the limit is 99 km/h as i was used IN RFT 2011)after all i finished 2nd,i'm sorry for Grisu' motor problem.

again,is great to race with you

Sry for my bad english Very Happy

View user profile

8 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 6th May 2012, 9:24 pm

Me, well:
-several times going wide or spin (didn't test too much with race settings and I was quite guessing the lines into some corners-especially in T1, really tricky there)
- 2 times penalty for speeding in pit (same reason), after the 2nd one I simply didn't want to serve the sentence and I ended up with DQ Very Happy
-pretty shame, if I would just cruised around quitely I could've got a 5th or 6th place...

Anyway, congrats to Adrian and to my fellow compatriot who kind off missed the win in his first GP. So watch out, he's a very dangerous one for the future Smile

Race driving is like trying to thread a needle while running from a saber tooth tiger.

View user profile

9 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 6th May 2012, 10:05 pm

...Sad face Sad

10 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 6th May 2012, 10:59 pm

Congrats to Adrian!!!
Nice to hear most of you had a good and fun race!!!
And I'm EXTREMELY sorry for my teammate and great friend ADI... I know you didn't have enough time to practice properly, especially in race conditions (race setup, other cars around, 27 straight laps and etc)...
But it's a long season and we're all here just for fun, right? So I wish EVERYONE even more fun races in the next rounds!!!
P.S. I'm gonna start writting the race report and try to post it here (at the forum) a.s.a.p. - stay tuned, kids!!!
Smile

11 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 6th May 2012, 11:08 pm

I had a good start, made a few places in the first few corners then tragedy! I lost my front wing and was forced to pit, more hilarity ensued as I was so frustrated at losing my wing I sped into the pit lane. One drive through penalty later and I'm a lap down. Unlaping yourself is tricky with these blue flags and if I hindered anyone I apologise but had my own race to do. All in all an awesome experience just a shame I threw it all away in the first few laps. Ah well, bring on round two!

View user profile

12 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 6th May 2012, 11:11 pm

That's the spirit, Dead!!! I'm sorry if your race wasn't as good as expected - we all know you had/have a pretty good potential to have a better race - but still you kept going after your own goal(s) and after everything you're still just looking forward to the next race - once again, I must say: THAT'S the spirit, mate!!!
better luck at Melbourne!!!
Smile

13 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 6th May 2012, 11:16 pm

not a good race for me at all ...Just tried to take the car until finish and I made...NO emotions, No fights, No anything...I´ll try to prepare a better race this week and I hope at least to get some points...Congrats to podium... Really nice to see Adrian and Arek there!!!!

View user profile

14 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 6th May 2012, 11:21 pm

Nice, Kurt!!!
It was just your 1st race, mate! And with a little more practice, soon you'll be as fast as everyone else and getting involved directly into more fights and great moments in each race!!!
Just keep up the good work!!!
Smile

Last edited by Sexy Brigadeiro on 7th May 2012, 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

15 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 6th May 2012, 11:27 pm

First well done all.I hope you all enjoyed and I was glad that I drove last season with you (although I have not fought for firsts places anyway it was fun)

Yours Jure

16 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 6th May 2012, 11:28 pm

The first race of the season is always special to many of us, deadfish said he felt butterflies before the start, i was very exited too Smile

It was messy start and i was in the middle of the chaos but luckyly everything happened around and my car didn't suffer major injuries.

I enjoyed some fights with the the Lotus guys and it was funny trying to catch Dennis in the end, It is a shame that my teammate couldn't be here racing with us, but i'm sure he will come strong a well prepared for our next race. And i hope a lot of points for McLaren on the next race.

By the way congrats to Kurtmudgeon (Camilo) who finished his first race. I encourage you mate to keep improving you'll fight for the points very soon and why not win a race Smile

Congrats to Adrian for his victory and congrats to the podium finishers!

View user profile

17 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 6th May 2012, 11:31 pm

Word, Jure!
Smile

18 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 7th May 2012, 2:10 am

Congratulations Adrian, really chuffed to see you get a win.

Sorry to sven for not getting any points for Ferrari, an accident in front of me caused a huge backup of cars and i had nowhere to go and lost my wing. I cut the pit line after getting a new wing cos I just wanted to test the pit stop entry and exit and had no intention of finishing the race so I wasnt trying to cheat there.

I will be back for the next race on race day but I wont be attending anymore practice sessions because I agree with Otti about the problem with making a good setup on this mod, its very time consuming and ive learned nothing new since 1 year ago and thats not really fun anymore.

Sven if you want a more determined team mate I think you should replace me and maybe put me down as reserve driver. As for the race videos I will try and find the motivation to make one of suzuka but to be honest theres not much to show except a lot of broken wings and wheels lol

btw happy birthday Jure hope you have a good one drunken

View user profile

19 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 7th May 2012, 2:17 am

=/

20 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 7th May 2012, 3:42 am

Of course I forgot to add that I hadn´t finished the race if I hadn´t had some great help. Maybe I didn´t get any point and is not relevant for anyone but I started from zero 2 weeks ago and I was able to finish it. Special thx to Sexy, Sven, Otti and AREK to share me sets and explaining some things I didn´t know. But specially I want to mention that there was a person who had to explain me almost all this fuc... game, who stayed all last night ´til he was able, just to push me to improve. I was on 1:36 last friday and I got 1:34 on qualy. Maybe for a lot of people that´s shi... but for me was a great satisfaction. Also was the person who invited me to make part of this new season. I really want to give a special gratitude to Joe Mclaggen. Such a nice person. Really appreciate you Joe. Maybe I didn´t get anything but I finished and that´s pretty important... Better things are coming!!!

View user profile

21 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 7th May 2012, 3:50 am

VERY nice!!!
I just love this league and everyone here!!!
(except for Stig... no, I keed! Razz ...I mean... kinda...)
Very Happy

22 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 7th May 2012, 4:00 am

yeah it´s a nice place to be!!! everyone looks disposed to help all the time!

View user profile

23 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 7th May 2012, 4:59 am

Our league is the BEST one, mate - especially because it has ME - HA!!! Very Happy

...Arek, who?!... scratch

24 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 7th May 2012, 6:22 am

We gotta admit that Sexy brings a lot of positive energy, and I very much welccome that Smile (it counts you know)

Race driving is like trying to thread a needle while running from a saber tooth tiger.

View user profile

25 Re: 1. Japan GP (shouting thread) on 7th May 2012, 6:29 am

Thank you VERY much, Mate!!! I REALLY appreciate that!!!

And I actually NEED you guys to have fun here, so I can also have fun myself - the biggest joy of being on this league is the fact that I made good friends in here (who for now are only 'virtual', but I'd honestly like to make them/you 'real' one day) and you're all very nice guys and pretty good drivers too!
So, I just want this league to be fun for everyone and for everyone to actually have fun in here - in the end, it kinda 'doesn't matter' who is the fastest one (especially when it's not ME, you know?!... (lol)) - at least not as long as everyone IS actually having fun, no matter what!!!

I'm having fun here - I've ALWAYS been having fun here (even in my 'not so funny' moments), so... I just hope YOU and ALL of the othe guys are having fun too!!!
cheers

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum