Formula 1 racing and more!

Server status
Twitter news

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

WHO DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THIS !?!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 WHO DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THIS !?!? on 1st May 2012, 12:06 am

okay some noob said he didn't understand the defensive moves rules (blocking etc)

the rules state:

2.4 More than one change of direction to defend a position is not permitted. Any driver moving back towards the racing line, having earlier defended his position off‐line, should leave at least one car width between his own car and the edge of the track on the approach to the corner.
2.5 Manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are not permitted.

then there is a picture explaining this rule
titled
Defending position; change of direction (Blocking) (Article 2.4):

and these pictures:

these pictures are very clear IMO

every single driver said they read and understood the rules, why are people now saying that they don't understand them?! i created a thread for discussing the rules.

2 Re: WHO DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THIS !?!? on 1st May 2012, 12:20 am

Don't worry, Tom! You did a GREAT job with the rules and in making them as clear as possible, especially by creating those pictures.

ALL the current 26 drivers READ and AGREED with the rules (HERE) - or at least they said so...

Anyway... If ANY of the drivers can't understand or agree with them, they should just leave the league.
Simple as that.
Smile

3 Re: WHO DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THIS !?!? on 1st May 2012, 3:46 am

In other words, dont do like Keiser Schumacher!! Laughing

Its seem simple : if you block someone on one side, you cannot do it on the other side... unless your first name is Michael! Razz

I will stop now... sorry Embarassed

"In order to finish first, first you have to finish", Jackie Steward.
View user profile

4 Re: WHO DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THIS !?!? on 1st May 2012, 3:51 am

LOL!
It's ok, Jean! It's nice to have people with good sense of humor in the league!
All we hope and ask is for people to be serious on the right times - and that includes when racing (obviously) and ALWAYS respecting the rules - which are ALL just simple and clear.
And in general, even if a person REALLY couldn't understand them, they should just ALWAYS use the common/good sense - I mean, it's just OBVIOUS that blocking is not a fair move...
(not to mention ALL the drivers read and accepted the rules...)
Still, Tom tried to make it as clear as possible with those drawings and it's actually 'curious' that ANY of us say 'hey, Tommy, I didn't understand!'...
Anyway...
P.S. I sent you a PM a few days ago about the Blue Arrows 2.0 skin - with download links and everything else - please get it a.s.a.p.!
Smile

5 Re: WHO DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THIS !?!? on 1st May 2012, 2:04 pm

Arek

LAT
LAT
Haha, very good explanation Jean! Smile Funny but you hit the point very well. I don't know how someone couldn't understand it watching these pictures. But there is also the text of the rule so you can also read it! It's not possible to show this rule in more clean way.

As Jean said you can do one defending move blocking guy behind you (picture no.1) but then if your opponent changes his direction trying to overtake you using side where is racing line (that line where you were before you did the first blocking move) and you want to go back towards the racing line you have to always leave a space for your opponent (picture no.2). And then of course your 3rd move is forbidden (picture no3.)

Just please take a look again at these pictures and if you still don't understand something (personally I can't believe this is possible) Razz and show what isn't clear for you there.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum