» Hi racers
by Alex Hill Today at 1:07 am

» rFR GP S13 - Team Choice
by Sexy Brigadeiro 20th September 2017, 5:23 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 05 China Grand Prix - Incidents
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 7:16 pm

» rFR GP S13 - Championship Standings
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 5:35 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 05 - Provisional RESULTS - China GP (Shanghai)
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 5:35 pm

» rFR GP S13 - Official Replays
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 4:46 pm

» rFR S13 - ROUND 05 - China Grand Prix - Event Sign In (17/09/17)
by Alaster 16th September 2017, 11:52 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 04 Portugal Grand Prix - Incidents
by Blackfox 10th September 2017, 7:41 pm

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 12th June 2016, 4:40 pm

Lap 21, Alex v Me, last chicane - Overtaking beyond track limits.

View user profile

2 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 12th June 2016, 4:47 pm

Lap 1
Turn 1

Ste mitch squeezed me out of the track, I lost few spots and got hit in the back

Around lap 6 or 7
Turn 2 exit

Gabriel Marcos lost it (I hope he just lost it...) and slammed into me, we both ended in the wall and I sustained light, but significant suspension damage

Error 404 lolError 404 lol
View user profile http://deverem.deviantart.com

3 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 12th June 2016, 4:54 pm

- Lap 1 Turn 1, reporting myself for smacking into the back of Jakub (?). I think he got caught by the curb and his car slowed down quite a bit. Hope that didn't compromise your race too much, man! Sorry! :/

- L24, after Turn 6. Dear Aurimas .. it's no problem to lose the car and spin. But then a recovery right into the leader's path .. meh. Ruined my race :/

- L28 last turn - Sorry, but that's just that kind of poor driving that we're all afraid of.

"Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." - A stranger
View user profile

4 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 12th June 2016, 5:02 pm

lap 1 last chicane , Tom vs me ,my car was infront of him on the outside of that chicane and he braked late on the inside and went beyond the track limit , and didnt give position back afterwards

View user profile

5 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 12th June 2016, 5:04 pm

No problem though, I tried to avoid more contact, if you'd avoid me you'd be slammed in the back after all... It's not big deal really

6 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 12th June 2016, 5:12 pm

Lap 24 Turn 6, I spun and when i was accelerating Andreas came through there so I was sitting right on the curb. Sorry Andreas, definitely my fault.

View user profile

7 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 12th June 2016, 5:18 pm

Alex you hit me in the chicane lap 1, then you hit the wall

I gained no advantage humping the kerb

View user profile

8 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 12th June 2016, 5:43 pm

My own replay files, if necessary:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6x9kc6ruckvao3x

Now my 'two cents' about events with random weather in rFactor and in our league:

The thing with them in rFactor is that, differently than real life, we do NOT have how to 'predict' the weather (there's no plugin that does that) - we don't have a '15 mins forecast' (like in real life - or even a few other racing games/simulators) or anything, so we never know what to expect.

The RFE Weather Plugin is hard to configure, but it's still just too much 'random' - and crazy - no matter how 'well' you configure it.

But even with a race like that in real life ,with rain on and off, the teams and drivers can have an IDEA of what's about to come and then plan a little ahead (and have an actual strategy, even on 'hard to predict' weather)..

In the game we don't have that.
So it's literally a lottery.

I hate rainy races myself (sorry, I think they're just boring) and I'd like for us to not have them at all.
But since I know some people like that shit and we will probably still have them anyway, my suggestion is:

We should have only 'full dry' or 'full wet' races, AND/OR if we're gonna have an 'on & off rainy' race, then it should be 'scripted' and we all should know EXACTLY what the forecast will be - when it rains and when it doesn't, so we can plan our strategies accordingly.

I know this takes away the 'impredictability' (if that's a word), but it's still better than a 'lottery shit show' that only upsets most people and others just get 'lucky', which is not exactly a 'merit', so.. jah..

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Cool Hey, I'm on YouTube! Cool
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/SexyBrigadeiro

9 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 12th June 2016, 8:50 pm

But isn't exactly this 'lottery shit' what makes a wet race so special? When you fuck it up, you lose. But it's the same for everybody. There were people today, who made right decisions and there also were people, who didn't. But that's just that extra something in my perception.

Imagine a race where everybody knows that it's going to be wet through out the race. Everybody will adapt the setup for exactly those conditions and in the end there is racing that's not very far away of a dry race. Everybody does the same as always and actualy you could've also driven the race as a dry one.

The unpredictability is what makes those races so special. But yeah ... I've to admit to be one of todays 'lucky' people, even if my point of view wouldn't differ in case of a completely wrong strategy. Everybody gots it in their own hands and as some decisions will always turn out to be right, some others will always be wrong.

I mean .. more than half of the calendar consists of dry races, doesn't it? So aren't those races predictable enough? Smile

"Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." - A stranger
View user profile

10 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 12th June 2016, 9:02 pm

The problem is that there's no way to simulate the exact same level of unpredictability in rfactor, as we have in real life.

As I said before, in real life, even with the most 'unpredictable' weather, the teams and drivers have a LOT of info about the forecast and what's about to happen, so they can plan a bit ahead - they still have to make choices & 'bets' and hope they made the right decisions, but still they have some info to base those decisions...

We don't have that in the game.
The plugin only give us whatever 'crazy' weather it wants, but doesn't give us any 'forecast prediction' or any other 'indicators' of what may/might happen a little ahead - which makes everything just too random - and also a 99,99% lottery, which is NOT what we want.

It's hard even for the admins to set the plugin correctly, because no matter how hard we test it and try - and even believe to enter the right values and data to get whatever weather we expect - we never get exactly what we want and it ends up being 'fucked up', instead of what we wanted.

It makes it literally impossible for the drivers to take a real decision and all we do is 'blind bets' instead - and as I said above, that's not exactly what we wanted with random weather events.

Of course we want a bit of unpredictability, even on 100% DRY races - that's why we try to create all kinds of possible (and different) strategies scenarios for each race - and also with the random weather (or just all wet) races - but we also want the drivers skill to drive and take decisions to be more important than just some 'random chaos' - otherwise all the practice would be pointless. And it's not cool to practice the whole week if when the race comes it's all just about luck - that's not the 'plan'...

So, long story shot:
Since the plugin can't give us exactly what we want, I keep with the suggestion(s) I made..
100% wet races or NO wet races at all - or scripted weather races, where we know what's gonna happen and can plan our strategies (I believe we would still have different strategies between the drivers, even if we knew exactly the whole race forecast) - and ANY of these options would be better than the 'lottery shit show' we just had today..

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

11 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 12th June 2016, 9:14 pm

Yeah, you're right. The script-way of doing things was something I also wanted to mention. A few years ago I created a quite nicely running system that provided us very nice scripts throughout a whole rf-season. I'll look if I can still find it anywhere, if you wish. But of course you'd need someone to create the scripts, who isn't an active driver and is strictly forbidden to tell anybody about the script. The person would then also create the forecast (I should have saved up something here, just tell me.)

View user profile

12 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 12th June 2016, 9:18 pm

We don't have 'live-stewards' and all the admins are also drivers, so I find it hard for us to do it like that, but I appreciate the idea and we may keep that in mind for the future - Tom is the guy taking care of that 'department', so talk to him and see what he thinks about it.

I myself don't like wet races in rFactor (I think they're boring), but I'd be ok with us having them - or even random weather events - IF we had somewhat of a 'forecast' DURING THE RACE where we could base our decisions and 'bets' - as some of the other racing simulators have - and just like they do in real life.

But sadly, there's no rFactor plugin that does that - not even RFE Weather Plugin - so that's the actual problem...

The point I was trying to make is:
For us to have really nice and 'fair' random weather events, we need BOTH the random weather itself and ALSO some kind of 'forecast prediction' IN the game and DURING the sessions - THEN it could be REALLY cool, of course!
Smile

13 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 12th June 2016, 9:46 pm

I'd like to withdraw from my protests. Auri: no problem, mate Smile. And Mark and I also had a little chat and he had a broken suspension. I was basically just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

View user profile

14 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 12th June 2016, 9:57 pm

I think even if active driver would script weather, he'd be able to script a variable, like rain on lap 7 (+/- 5), intensity of 15% (+/- 10). Because I'll be watching whole 24 Hours of Le Mans next week, I'll try to look into those scripts and experiment with it in free time. I'll see what we can do and what we can't.

And having live stewards would be a great thing, but... We're not big enough league for that, sadly... And with having script, the script maker would briefly describe when and what might or might not happen, not exactly 1:1 things... Eventually if I'd be making those scripts in future, I'd give the script to a friend and he'd mix up few values... So that would be kinda more fair for some Razz

15 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 12th June 2016, 10:11 pm

But you'll want to have a neutral person for the scripts, otherwise one guys knows always when to pit perfectly. Did you already handle those scripts? It's not just 'mixing up few values' Very Happy .. but also not impossible to manage Smile

View user profile

16 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 12th June 2016, 10:19 pm

weather will not happen again this season, and probably not again in future seasons

if it does it will be a constant wet race

View user profile

17 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 12th June 2016, 10:20 pm

I've figured out there are tools that make scripting easier over the internet. Also, that friend of mine is fair af when it comes to things, I'm damn sure he won't even tell me how much he changed... Though I'd restrict him to change just few values, not whole script, so he won't make 100% rain intensity... XD

Also as I said, I think it's possible to make variable where rain might hit a little earlier or later, I'll dig on that once I have time... And during 24h race you have A LOT OF TIME

18 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 13th June 2016, 12:53 am

here is my replay ,Tom Smile

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTYwNjIwMzU4MA==.html

u were going to miss that 2nd left hander , i had to avoid your car by turning left when i was already turning into the 1st turn made me had a wide exit ,thats why i hit the wall. and i was like half of the car ahead of you before braking into the chicane

View user profile

19 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 13th June 2016, 3:57 pm

Hey guys,
Can someone give me a link to server replay for the video? Downloaded it from here before when Sexy posted, but his time he didn't, so anyone who has it please give me the download link to it or something.

View user profile

20 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 13th June 2016, 5:14 pm

The server replay file is damaged.
I tried to get it yesterday after the race, but it wasn't 'readable' - I don't know why.

rFactor generates the replay files DURING each session and they have a .TMP extension.
When the session is over, the game automatically changes the extension to a .VCR (actual replay) file.

Sometimes, a 'glitch' happens and that conversion (from .TMP to .VCR) doesn't happen and the file remains as a .TMP - which is what happened to the server replay file.

And no, you can't just rename from .TMP to .VCR manually - I tried it and when you get into the game, the replay just doesn't work - so the file is actually unreadable.

So, I suggest you to use your own replay file for editing the video - or you can use MY replay file (seemed ok), that I posted a few posts above.

21 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 13th June 2016, 5:16 pm

Oh, sad. Anyways I'll check yours, but in mine hands and wheels bugs, it's nothing big but still annoying.

View user profile

22 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 13th June 2016, 5:17 pm

This glitch happened to the server file a couple of times in the past - and sadly it happened again this last sunday - we can only hope it doesn't happen again in the future - but it's a game glitch and nothing we can do about it...
=/

23 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 13th June 2016, 9:05 pm

L1 T1

Someone hit me from behind and spun me, damaged my rear wing and was last

View user profile

24 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 14th June 2016, 5:00 am

Eri Bobo wrote:L1 T1

Someone hit me from behind and spun me, damaged my rear wing and was last

It was me who bumped you, but checking the replay i saw that the car infront of you (a Red Bull) suddenly braked hard for some reason, and you were very close to me and I coudnt react. Sorry =/

View user profile

25 Re: rFR S10 R12 - Canadian GP - Incidents on 14th June 2016, 7:32 am

And the Red Bull (who I think was me) also had to brake suddenly due to the Jordan in front, that got slowed by the curb. So I think it was just a chain-reaction. Blame the track Very Happy

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum