Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

SRD S3 - 03 Australia GP (Bathurst) - Incidents

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Report the incidents you saw or was involved with by mentioning:

- RACE (1 or 2)

- LAP (1-14)

- SECTION (corner, straight etc)

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Cool Hey, I'm on YouTube! Cool
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/SexyBrigadeiro
R1
Lap 10
Last turn in S2

Marco tried unsafe rejoin, I had nowhere to go and ended in a wall with flat tire.

Error 404 lolError 404 lol
View user profile http://deverem.deviantart.com
Although I saw (and even was involved in) a few incidents on both races, none of them seemed to alter the race results, so I'm not reporting them myself - it's obviously ok if the other drivers want to do it.

Here are my own replay files anyway, just in case anyone (and/or the Stewards) need them:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r3pfnjahk3qomka

Official Replays (files directly from the server) can be found here:

http://www.rfactor-racers.com/t1934-srd-s3-official-replays#33739

Flag

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Sexy Brigadeiro wrote:Although I saw (and even was involved in) a few incidents on both races, none of them seemed to alter the race results, so I'm not reporting them myself - it's obviously ok if the other drivers want to do it.

Here are my own replay files anyway, just in case anyone (and/or the Stewards) need them:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r3pfnjahk3qomka

Official Replays (files directly from the server) can be found here:

http://www.rfactor-racers.com/t1934-srd-s3-official-replays#33739

Flag

Ok, we'll let it slide this time, for what happened in lap 12 race 2. (lucky juvenile)  Very Happy Razz

Race driving is like trying to thread a needle while running from a saber tooth tiger.

View user profile
I wasn't talking about that..
But since you mentioned..

I said it was "my fault" and apologized.
I also said it was because I got my wheel on the grass, lost control and hit you, making you spin - so... not exactly my fault since I didn't have control of my car.

BUT...

You didn't lose a place and I also waited for you to recover - just like I gave you the position back 2 or 3 times during the two races when I overtook you and my car went off track with 4 wheels - because that's not a legal move, of course..

I also didn't mention T1 in lap 13, I guess, in race 1, where you bumped me on the back and sent me to the wall and I lost part of my car - you overtook me with that move, didn't wait, nor gave the position back - still I didn't say a word about it..

So, jah.. let's 'let it ALL slide', shall we?
Razz

...Who put you with the wheels on the grass? Very Happy  It isn't about being intended or not (it matters but...), the idea is that you put yourself in that position, and the outcome was bumping another car (just for the principle of the incident...) Smile
Anyway, doesn't matter, its ok. 

I don't know about that bump, from my POV it was very very slightly, it probably had that effect cause you were on the throttle exiting the corner so always the car there is very twitchy, anything light can disturb it...At that moment I wasn't sure that I cause you to lose control, I thought that you just pushed the throttle too hard (like others did with this mod)....because like I said it seemed to me a 'gentle' touch... I had a fast exit on that corner, many times being taken by surprise when I found myself in the front car's ass, so it was a case of lifting but not too much...
I'm not at fault of your slow exit, it is a case of avoiding and not 'assaulting' the other car  Very Happy Razz

(you can't compare your solid bump with my push - if it is about 'sliding it'  Razz )

Race driving is like trying to thread a needle while running from a saber tooth tiger.

View user profile
"Who put you with the wheels on the grass?"

Glad you asked..
You moved your car towards me on the very last second, already on the braking zone - and yes, you did left space for my car, so that's ok, but.. at the same time, I wasn't expecting that sudden move on the last second and I thought you might have lost control of your car when you hit the brakes, or that you didn't see me and we were going to crash, so my natural instinct was to pull to the right to avoid you as well.. But as I've just said, that was a sudden and unnexpected move from you, so although I reacted 'well', my move wasn't also perfect, both because I was surprised.. I had very little room left (you left me ONLY 1 car width between you and the grass - which is fair and I can't complain - I'm just pointing out that I had nowhere else to go or move) and my car lost some of its balance when I hit the brakes and had to turn my wheel suddenly while braking and THAT made me step my wheel on the grass, which then made me spin - I wasn't even trying to overtake you.. I just wasn't expecting that 'defensive move' from you, towards my car and I tried to avoid a contact the best I could with the very little room I had between you and the edge of the track/grass..

Anyway.. no one to blame for that and typical race incident. But that's also why I say I shouldn't be blamed for hitting you, since it only happened because I had no control of my car and I only lost control of my car because you made an unnexpected move towards my car..
Not to mention I waited for you to recover and would've given you the place back in case of an overtake, simply because even if I felt it was not my fault, it wasn't exactly a 100% clean move (there WAS an incident in it), so I think the best to do was to give the place back - or wait, which I did..

And I posted a link to my replay and you can take a look at it..
Your bump on my back was just the 'last drop' that was enough to send me to the grass, where my car lost almost all capacity of turning properly and the wall was too close to the track, so although I was (obviously) turning my wheel desperately to escape the wall, I still hit it and a part of my car went flying - luckly it wasn't the 'front wing', so I could still drive it, although it lost some of its cornering capacity anyway..

And the exact same incident happened between you and Jakub on race 2, with pretty much the same outcome - and I also never mentioned that one (so far), because as I said on my first post.. I would let the other drivers decide if they wanted to report these incidents themselves if they felt 'prejudiced' or whatever (and because I didn't want to screw up anyone, so I kept my mouth shut)..
Razz

The thing is..
I know you're a good driver and you race clean, so I don't need to 'report' you, unless you do something REALLY fucked up (pliss, don't do it) and then I just considered all of those 'race incidents' - maybe they WERE just race incidents anyway and even the Stewards would agree with that (who knows), so.. to avoid more trouble and pointless stress.. I did as you said and just 'let it slide' since the first moment.. - all race stuff!

And our fights were so much more fun than the silly incidents, so.. I'd rather focus on THAT (the fun fights), of course!!
Very Happy

...Thank you for the patronizing essay  Very Happy

I know I moved a bit on the braking zone (nothing sudden, just slowly, as I remember...didn't want to surprise you) but you can't approach a 90dg corner fully on the inside. Even in real F1 this thing is very common with that type of corner, otherwise you simply can't make the corner. Yeah, it was just about 1 car width, but...that's life : )) maybe the difficulty is because we're also both on keyboard.

With Jakub wasn't exactly the same, I was a bit alongside him, I took the outside he the inside, at the exit I still had the front alongside him but he was coming from inside to outside and touched me (bumped), but seems he was the one that spun...Anyway, racing incident, it's hard with these 90dg corners...

Looking forward to some thrilling, horrifying fights at 'Green Heaven'  Laughing

View user profile
I cant say I agree with all u said, but.. lets 'let it slide' a bit more then.. Razz

And you're welcome!
Patronizing essays are among my skills set.. Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum