» rFR GP S13 - Rules & Regulations
by greggreg Yesterday at 10:57 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 11 Turkey Grand Prix - Penalties
by Antonio Hreljanovic 1 15th November 2017, 11:37 pm

» rFR GP S13 - Team Choice
by Sexy Brigadeiro 12th November 2017, 7:45 pm

» rFR GP S13 - Championship Standings
by Sexy Brigadeiro 12th November 2017, 7:27 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 11 - Official RESULTS - Turkey GP (Istanbul)
by Sexy Brigadeiro 12th November 2017, 7:27 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 11 Turkey Grand Prix - Incidents
by Blackfox 12th November 2017, 6:28 pm

» rFR S13 - Drivers Numbers
by Adrian Znosko 12th November 2017, 5:18 pm

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

SRD S3 - MOD DOWNLOAD (v. 2.0)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 SRD S3 - MOD DOWNLOAD (v. 2.0) on 29th March 2016, 8:46 am

FIA GT 2010, by SandroX - CUSTOM by Sexy Brigadeiro

Instalation:

- Just extract the files and copy them to your main rF install folder (I strongly recommend a fresh rFactor install, to avoid any possible rfactor bugs, glitches and/or conflicts with other mods).
And also click 'yes to all' to ovewrite ALL the folders/files if/when asked.

What was customized?

(Version 2.0)

- Another very small adjustments (just a final fine tuning) on the fuel consumption and tyre wear on both compounds (they last a little longer and a little better)

- Custom skins with Drivers Season Numbers, names and coutry flags painted on their cars

(Version 1.1)

- Small adjustments on the fuel consumption and tyre wear on both compounds - and also increased the liters per second speed on the pit stop (75 L take 10 secs to be inserted in the tank now. It took 12,5 secs before), just to make sure it's possible to complete a race on HARD and with a full tank (150 L) on most tracks AND that this strategy will be as efficient as doing 1 pit stop on SOFT and with half tank (75 L) for 2 stints - about the exact same total race time on both strategies

(Version 1.0)

- Loading screens

- Mod menu/interface

- Added a high resolution virtual rearview mirror to the mod

- Mod name, mod folders and files (renamed & reorganized)

- 12 teams (12 different car models) and 2 cars per team - a total of 24 avaliable seats (for now, I only duplicated each car on each team (meaning cars 1 and 2 look exactly the same on each team), but in the mod's final patch, the cars will be customized with the drivers' season numbers, names and country flags)

- All cars are using the same single .HDV (physics) file - meaning ALL the cars have the EXACTLY SAME PHYSICS now (Physics copied from the Ferrari .HDV file - according to a lot of people who played this mod for a long time already, definitely the best car on the original mod)

- All cars also using the same single damage, engine, gears, suspension and tyres files (also each car's Upgrades file are exactly equal as each other) - all to ensure all the cars have the EXACT SAME PHYSICS in ALL possible aspects

- Total fuel capacity increased from 100 to 150 L (possible to complete a 25 mins race withOUT a pit stop for fuel - pit stops will NOT be mandatory by the rules in Season 3)

- Small adjustment on the fuel consumption (engine file), so the full tank (150 L) is enough for 25 mins of race (although we may need all of those 150 L to do it - and that was on purpose)

- Removed the 'random engine failure' setting

- Pit Menu settings (time to refuel, change tires, fix the car, etc) copied from S1 & S2

- Mod general rules and settings also copied from S1 and S2 mods (basically the same settings we've been using in all mods in the rFR League - including the mods on the rFR GP Series - for ages)

- Front wing settings increased from only 2 options to 5 options - values 1 and 2 are the same original ones, but values from 3 to 5 (new ones) increase the down force (the goal was to just give a few more options than just two and to make the wings adjustments a bit more precise)

- Increased the optimum temp range for the brakes to work - now they work better, both on lower and higher temps than originally (this mod is known for having very bad braking (need to brake a LOT earlier than what we are used to in F1 cars or other slower mods) and the brakes also overheat too easily and work terribily when that happens. So the goal was to make them work a little better in overall - but we still MUST BRAKE A LOT EARLIER than other mods anyway - keep that in mind!!!)

- Tires (compounds) names changed from 'Slick' and 'Wet' to 'SOFT' and 'HARD', respectively

- HARD compound is the original 'Slick' tires and SOFT is a faster and 'grippier' copy of HARD/Slick (it is also possible to complete a 25 mins race on HARDs withOUT a pit stop)

- Small adjustments on the tire compounds grip and wear rate: SOFT is faster, but lasts less. HARD is slower, but lasts longer (adds the strategy element to the races)

- HARD uses the same grip decreasing curve as the SOFTS on the rFR GP Season 10 F1 mod. And SOFT uses the same grip decreasing curve as the SUPER SOFTS on the rFR GP Season 10 F1 mod

- Activated Launch Control (in order to prevent silly incidents from happening at the race starts, due to people spinning when accelerating)

- Added sound effects for activating the Launch Control and the Pit Speed Limiter (on/off) - only a few cars had them, so I added improved sound effects to those functions to all the cars

- Added a horn to all the cars as well - only a few cars had it (and I know this is totally pointless and not exactly necessary, but hell.. why not?!..)

- RFE Tyres Plugin files added (so now we can read on the monitor what tyres compounds the other drivers are using)

Also get the S3 TRACKS and all the necessary info on how to JOIN OUR SERVER, so you start driving right away!

See you guys on track!
Flag

Last edited by Sexy Brigadeiro on 15th April 2016, 9:57 am; edited 3 times in total

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Cool Hey, I'm on YouTube! Cool
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/SexyBrigadeiro

2 Re: SRD S3 - MOD DOWNLOAD (v. 2.0) on 29th March 2016, 8:46 am

We may have the mod on the SRD server in the next few days (probably and hopefully in about 24 hours or less from now), so we can test it online, together.

But if you want to test it offline, these are the settings that will be used on the server and during the season for this mod:

Any feedback is important, so please, test the mod as much as possible!

And no, I'm NOT gonna accept and do every 'demand' you guys ask about 'changing this' or 'changing that' to the mod, for personal reasons or likes.

I still need the feedback though, just in case we find something actually wrong (like a bug/glitch or some negative aspect that affects everyone) and in THIS particular case, I'll try my best to fix it, of course.
But other than that... no 'demands' accepted - sorry.

Even with all the customization, I can GUARANTEE the mod's 'drivability' was NOT changed and it's pretty much EXACTLY the SAME as the original mod - which, BTW, you guys have it too, so it's really easy to have both mods (original and customized) installed (on DIFFERENT rFactor installs) and to test and compare them if you guys don't believe (or don't trust) me..

All we need now is to PRACTICE and GET USED TO THE MOD, as we do with ANY other new mod we get.

Let's get to work, people!
Flag

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

3 Re: SRD S3 - MOD DOWNLOAD (v. 2.0) on 29th March 2016, 10:40 am

I'm really looking forward to try this mod out - I've just got a question: how can I make a new fresh installation of rFactor (I have bought the steam version)? I know it's a silly question, but I don't want to screw things up and do something wrong :/

View user profile

4 Re: SRD S3 - MOD DOWNLOAD (v. 2.0) on 29th March 2016, 10:46 am

Even before testing I see one issue that might occur if you set values wrong.

Soft tires might be useless if hards can last whole race, especially if somebody knows how to save the tires. I don't want to see The Only Viable Strategy thing in series, you know... Let's figure out what we can do.

Error 404 lolError 404 lol
View user profile http://deverem.deviantart.com

5 Re: SRD S3 - MOD DOWNLOAD (v. 2.0) on 29th March 2016, 5:16 pm

No, Jakub.

I made sure the Softs are faster enough than the Hards to make BOTH strategies work - otherwise this would be stupid and pointless, of course...

Still we need to test the mod as much as possible to be sure everything is working as planned - and IF we need a few adjustments or some actual fix, I will do it when I release the final patch with the custom skins (drivers numbers, names and country flags) - this is just the 1.0 version and everybody should test it as much as possible, but you guys gotta trust me on my 'goals' for the mod and its settings (I already tested a lot and everything worked as planned to ME - but now it's time for us to test together and make sure the same is happening to everyone as well).

Smile

Synestra, in your case I must admit I don't know how you could make a clean install..
Because when you have a 'non-Steam' rFactor, you can have multiple installs of it, on different folders and etc - not sure if and how you can do that with the Steam version..

HOWEVER..

I (re) organized the mod files and structure in a way to make it be a 'whole new mod' - meaning it would (theoricaly) NOT cause any 'conflicts' with other mods, or with its original version - meaning they COULD be on the same rFactor install without any issues...

BUT STILL...

I always recommend a 100% clean/fresh install, just to be sure.

But anyway.. try it on your Steam install and let's see how it goes - it SHOULD work just fine anyway!

Smile

6 Re: SRD S3 - MOD DOWNLOAD (v. 2.0) on 30th March 2016, 3:12 am

Ok, gentlemen, the SRD S3 server is online and running with the FIA GT 2010 (custom v1.0)!

It's the same IP and PASS and you can get all the info about the server HERE

For now, it has only (and all) the Season TWO tracks, which you can get HERE

7 Re: SRD S3 - MOD DOWNLOAD (v. 2.0) on 30th March 2016, 9:29 am

After lots of offline tests and some online tests, I decided to make a few adjustments to the mod, which I'm calling 'Patch 1.1'.

More info about what was changed/edited is on this topic's 1st post.

The SRD server also already has the mod v1.1 - if you try to join with the v1.0, you'll get a mismatch!!..

The patch itself is really small and it should just replace/overwrite a few mod's files if you have already downloaded the v1.0 mod.

If you haven't downloaded the mod yet, that's ok and now you just need to download it from the same link as before (also on this topic's 1st post), because that already has the patch included, meaning that's already the full mod updated to the v1.1.

The download link just above is ONLY THE PATCH (very small file - 617 KB)!

As I said before, as much testing as possible is still necessary, just to check if people are getting about the same results and car components behaviour that I am.

8 Re: SRD S3 - MOD DOWNLOAD (v. 2.0) on 31st March 2016, 5:31 pm

first of all, i've never watched a GT Race in my life - so my bad if I don't know things that may be obvious to you.
Driving these cars (actually tried only the Corvette n.10) is both satisfying and fun. I love the engine sounds, cars are pretty stable and traction is really good coming out of slow corners (only tried hard tyres though). One thing I've noticed is that the fuel "prediction" isn't that great: I put 100L on my car (8 laps estimated), but after 8 laps I had still more than 40L left in my fuel tank. (BTW I haven't changed anything in terms of setup, everything was the stock one)
Then look at this image:

as you can see, there is a black shape in my virtual mirror. As I said before, i don't know anything about these cars, so I'm wondering if it's normal or if it is some sort of glitch.
Overall, this is hands down one of the best mods I've ever seen/tried; cars are incredibly fun to drive and I enjoyed every single moment spent on track - online and offline. I'm gonna test this mod a lot more to see if there is any problem - if yes, I'm gonna report them here Smile

View user profile

9 Re: SRD S3 - MOD DOWNLOAD (v. 2.0) on 31st March 2016, 5:46 pm

The fuel calculating made by rFactor (on the car setup screen) is always wrong, on 99,99% of the mods - that's an rFactor bug...

So, the best to do is to use some plugin like GID (I can see you have it) or rFDynHud and use THEIR fuel calculators, which are 100% precise AFTER you take a couple of timed laps - they use the data from your timed laps to calculate the fuel consumption per lap - but after that, it's a 100% precise.
Smile

About the black spot you see on your virtual mirror...
That's not exactly a bug but it can happen on some mods - and some specific 3D car models, which have 'physical body parts' on the way of the virtual mirror - we had this problem on SRD S1 with the F1 1992 mod (all the cars had that issue) and I tried to find out how to 'move' the virtual mirror and place it on a place where that car part (the black 'piece' on the mirror) wouldn't appear and block the vision, but I couldn't find how to solve that...

So, my suggestion is: try another car - I use the Ferrari and its virtual mirror is all clean.
And/Or to turn on the SIDE virtual mirrors as well, since the center one is partially blocked..

The problem is... Whoever gets the Corvette (when the Team/Car Picking process begin - this weekend, BTW), will have to drive with this 'black piece' on their mirrors - that's because of the car 3D model and where the virtual mirror is placed by the game (which, sadly, 'captures' a part of the car body in it)...

Glad to know you're enjoying the mod 'drivability' so far - it's really great and fun!
Hope we can all have a fun SRD S3 with it!
Smile

10 Re: SRD S3 - MOD DOWNLOAD (v. 2.0) on 31st March 2016, 5:52 pm

Sexy Brigadeiro wrote:The problem is... Whoever gets the Corvette (when the Team/Car Picking process begin - this weekend, BTW), will have to drive with this 'black piece' on their mirrors - that's because of the car 3D model and where the virtual mirror is placed by the game (which, sadly, 'captures' a part of the car body in it)...
Yes, this will be the major problem imo, but I think it's not a huge problem - the driver would have to pay a bit more attention when looking back (knowing there is the "look back" button as well).

View user profile

11 Re: SRD S3 - MOD DOWNLOAD (v. 2.0) on 31st March 2016, 6:00 pm

Yes, but if you turn on your SIDE virtual mirrors as well - or drives from the cockpit, using the 'real' rearview mirror, you can also have a clean vision of whoever is behind.

I know it's still not the 'perfect solution', but it's also not 'impossible' to drive like that - as I said, ALL the cars had a similar issue in the first SRD season with the F1 1992 mod and we all managed to drive those cars anyway..

It's a shame this is a problem from the original FIA GT mod and that also happens to other mods and I just don't know how to fix that - even searched for solutions on Google, but never found them or anyone who could help me with or teach me how to do it..

12 Re: SRD S3 - MOD DOWNLOAD (v. 2.0) on 15th April 2016, 10:00 am

SRD S3 MOD FINAL (2.0) VERSION RELEASED!!!

Get it from the 1st post - click the link below:

http://www.rfactor-racers.com/t1897-srd-s3-mod-download-v-2-0#33367

Flag

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum