Formula 1 racing and more!

Server status
Twitter news

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

RACE REPORT – CANADIAN GP (Montreal - WET)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 RACE REPORT – CANADIAN GP (Montreal - WET) on 18th March 2012, 8:07 pm

Canadian GP (Sunday, march 18th, 2012) – Race Report, by Sexy Brigadeiro sunny ... Arrow ... scratch ... Arrow ... Mad

What a crazy race, huh?!... Well, maybe not... The fact was that for soutie it was, once again, a nice walk in the park… Oh, the weather?!... Nothing that an umbrella or some rain tires could solve!

It was Sam’s 5th race on the league so far and except for Fuji (when he had some game graphics issue and had to leave) and Monaco when he was kicked from the game when he was in 3rd (because, according to him, he lost connection due to some crazy storms in South Africa - but I guess his PC just don't accept a place other than 1st...), he simply got the pole and won the other 3 races!... affraid

So, CONGRATS SOUTIE!!! cheers

Sam was able to stay in front the entire race and was never bothered by anyone – and even the guys being lapped were all nice and let him pass (congrats everyone for the fair play – something we REALLY appreciate on this league!). It’s a shame he joined the league ‘too late’ on the season and that’s the only reason why he is not fighting for the Title, but… next season is coming and all the current drivers are gonna be able to ‘begin from the begin’ – ha! Smile

But was the whole race just boring?!...
Not exactly… but it was certainly annoying!
We actually had a lot of good fights, which were even more challenging due to the wet conditions and to handle the car was even harder, especially when trying to brake a little later and/or change the ‘safe racing line’ to try an overtake or to defend a position, but most of the drivers did a pretty good job and were even able to have some fun!... Well, not me.

To me the race wasn’t being so great anyway, because I decided to drive like an old lady and just go ‘slow’, but steady and my plan was to just stay on the track until the end, so at the start (I started in 10th place), I saw myself in the middle of a lot of cars, all fighting for positions and although I didn’t want to force any overtakes, I also just couldn’t ‘brake and let everyone pass’ Suspect so I was trying my best to at least defend my position, but still I let some of the guys pass, simply because I was trying my best to ‘avoid problems’… So, after earning and losing (more losing than earning…) a few positions, I was in 12th place at the very start of the 4th lap while right after crossing the finish line and giving some small taps on my keyboard to gently turn the car to the right (to get ready to take T1 to the left), my screen just froze for a damn split second and I thought I was going to lose connection or something, but then it came back to normal right away, but when it did, my car was already on the grass/wall on the right and I even tried to brake, but I couldn’t do anything… there was a killer tire barrier there and I just had to sit and cry while I was ‘forced’ to watch my car hit that shit and, of course, it was the end of my ‘careful old lady’ race – oh, boy!... Rolling Eyes
And no, I’m not ‘mad’ or anything… look: Mad
But since I wasn’t expecting much from this race anyway… it wasn’t exactly a ‘surprise’… fuck it. I’m already waiting for you guys here in my home land for our next race! Let’s move on!!! Smile

But oh, I remember I was saying the race was also annoying, right?! Jah, it was…
It was annoying to control the car – I was literally ‘fighting’ with mine all of the time (and on some test races I did myself, I was able to complete those damn long 35 laps, so I KNOW how annoying that was) and no matter how careful you tried to be, sometimes even in the middle of the straights it was easy for the car to have a crazy behavior… and the tires only lasted for 2 laps, because although they actually lasted for about 12-14 laps, they were completely worn out after 2 laps, even if the hud showed their ‘health’ was still ‘good’…
Anyway… it was VERY hard to control the car, the lap was too slow and the race was too long, so… I didn’t enjoy it. I didn’t have ANY pleasure racing on it (and it wasn’t only because I crashed, because I didn’t have ANY pleasure since practice day 1, last monday), so I honestly hope for no more wet races – at least not with this LMT mod… MAYBE (and ONLY MAYBE) it’s not so bad with other mods – who knows?... Anyway… Rant about the wet track over.

Congrats to ALL of the drivers who actually enjoyed it and were able to have some fun and pretty good fights! I’m sorry for the ones who crashed and/or had blown engines… Better luck to ALL of us on the next races!!!

BTW, with the race results we had some pretty interesting positions changes on the Drivers table, but NONE at the Constructors table…
Tom overtook me (Sexy) and now he is 7th and I’m 8th – we have been having a good ‘fight’ there since the last 4 or 5 races – nice one, Tommy!!! But I hope you lose – LOL! Twisted Evil
Joe, Sam, Black, Adrian and Arnie climbed 2 positions each and Luft, Alex, Michal, Pxr5 and Giorgos lost 2 positions each – BTW, CONGRATS BLACK for your 1st podium and GREAT race!!! It was also a great race for his and Arnie’s Lotus, scoring 21 points!!!

***UPDATE*** (AFTER penalties)

Even for a crazy wet track, it wasn't a crashy race - at least not among the drivers (between each other), but you can't say that to the tire wall that took me and ADI out of the race - LOL
Anyway... here are the penalties applied:

- Joe McLaggen - 15 second time penalty - causing a collision with Sven resulting in loss of position to Sven (lap 1, turn 3)

- Tom McKay - 15 second time penalty - crossing pit exit line (lap 12)

And with that a few (but important) things changed:
Joe McLaggen scored only 6 points (instead of 10) and was overtaken by soutie on the Drivers' Championship table...
Sven and Arnie scored 2 extra points each and with that Sven is only 1 point behind Stig and is still alive for the fight for the Title with 2 races remaining and Arnie also helped his and Black's Lotus to score an amazing mark of 23 points on the Constructors Table, their BEST result so far on the season!!!
So… after EVERYTHING, take a look below to see how things ended, who scored points and how are the two championship tables (remember the results are provisoty for the 1st 48 hours after each race, until all the drivers report any race incidents to the admins. and the admins. analyze them and take/announce their decisions)!
NEXT RACE: (click HERE for details)

Next week, March 25th, 2012 – 3pm UK time, at MY HOME COUNTRY, THE BEAUTIFUL BRASIL - Autódromo José Carlos Pace (Interlagos) - NO samba, NO soccer, and under ANY circumstances, NO Ai Se Te Pego allowed!!! Mad
CANADA DRIVERS’ POINTS (OFFICIAL RESULTS – AFTER penalties):

1 – soutie (Virgin) – 25 points
2 – T McKay (RBR) – 18 points
3 – BläckFöx (Lotus) – 15 points
4 – Adrian S Shole (HRT) – 12 points
5 – Sven (Ferrari) – 10 points
6 – Arnoldinhu (Lotus) – 8 points
7 – Joe McLaggen (McLaren) – 6 points
8 – Denis_Belarus (STR) – 4 points
9 – Luft_inspektor (RBR) – 2 points
10 – Jure Pazin (Williams) – 1 point

CANADA CONSTRUCTORS’ POINTS (OFFICIAL RESULTS – AFTER penalties):

1 – Virgin – 25 points
2 – Lotus – 23 points
3 – RBR – 20 points
4 – HRT – 12 points
5 – Ferrari - 10 points
6 - McLaren – 6 points
7 – STR – 4 points
8 - Williams - 1 point
DRIVERS’ CHAMPIONSHIP - After Canada (OFFICIAL RESULTS – AFTER penalties):

1 - Arek - 181 points
2 - Otti - 171 points
3 - Stig - 160 points
4 - Sven - 159 points
5 - ADI - 109 points
6 - Grisu - 105 points
7 - Tom - 104 points (+1)
8 - Sexy - 94 points (-1)
9 - Bober - 82 points
10 - Soutie - 75 points (+3)
11 - Joe - 73 points (+1)
12 - Luft - 72 points (-2)
13 - Alex - 67 points (-2)
14 - Black - 44 points (+2)
15 - Adrian - 37 points (+2)
16 - Michal - 36 points (-2)
17 - pxr5 - 29 points (-2)
18 - Denis - 26 points (+1)
19 - Arnie - 25 points (+2)
20 - Giorgos - 22 points (-2)
21 - Jure - 22 points (-1)
22 - Dead - 13 points
23 - ax89 - 7 points
24 - Sonny - 2 points
25 - Goa - 1 point
26 - Rapide - 1 point
27 - Antonio - 0 points
28 - Ivan - 0 points

CONSTRUCTORS’ CHAMPIONSHIP - After Canada (OFFICIAL RESULTS – AFTER penalties):

1 - HRT - 240 points
2 - Sauber - 207 points
3 - Force India - 203 points
4 - Ferrari - 188 points
5 - McLaren - 178 points
6 - Mercedes - 167 points
7 - RBR - 166 points
8 - STR - 108 points
9 - Williams - 89 points
10 - Virgin - 75 points
11 - Lotus - 69 points
12 - Renault - 16 points

Last edited by Sexy Brigadeiro on 20th March 2012, 6:34 pm; edited 7 times in total

Arek

LAT
LAT
I didn't lose any possition Sexy. I'm still the first Smile

View user profile

I meant Alex... (just look at the positions table)
Sorry for typing wrong. It's fixed already.
Smile

once again awsome report i would like to point out when i crashed in monaco i was 3rd....but i belive adi and tom got 10 sec pen and i dont think i would have been that far behind them Razz..im just saying...But another amazing report sexy well done...

good report, but Sam was NOT leading in Monaco when he lost connection.
i led every moment of every lap up until last corner of the last lap
:'(

Sven

League Director
League Director
Tom McKay wrote:good report, but Sam was NOT leading in Monaco when he lost connection.
i led every moment of every lap up until last corner of the last lap
:'(
Crying or Very sad

View user profile http://www.rfactor-racers.com

Sorry! My mistake! I forgot that Tom lead that entire race!!!
I'll fix that info...
I'm REALLY sorry!...
Embarassed

I forgot that Sam was also at Fuji, but he left due to those crazy graphic issues...
Anyway... both info already corrected.
Sorry Sam and sorry Tom again...
And thanks to those who enjoyed the report anyway.
I know it's not great, but I was trying a different and more 'efficient' approach - it was easier for me to write and hopefuly easier for you guys to read too.
Smile

sexy your report are amazing dont thing diffrently

Thanks, Sam!
I'm always trying to improve it a little bit and write in a way that's better both for me to write and for you guys to read.
Thanks for the support, mate!
And congrats for the race (and victory) again!
Smile

this is the shortest report so far

View user profile

Sven

League Director
League Director
why is this report only from your race sexy? some parts are missing Laughing

but its still funny Smile

Last edited by Sven on 19th March 2012, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

i am always fighting against sven at some point in my races
imola was the best race Very Happy

Sven

League Director
League Director
Tom McKay wrote:i am always fighting against sven at some point in my races
imola was the best race Very Happy
imola affraid

20 laps on your fucking ass Suspect

one lap more and i would have overtaken you but cat

Mad

only because i didn't know about the HUD bug

so i thought i had 0% brakes
and 3% engine

when i didn't really!

so i was on boost 3 and not braking

lol good race though farao

Shortest report because I made it like that on purpose. I thought it would be better for everyone to read, because not even everyone was reading the 'long ones' - and it was also easier and better for me to write it like that - I usually 'waste' the rest of my sunday writing it and that's VERY tiring...

I mentioned that we had lots of fights and all of you guys already talked about them on the Shouting Thread, so I thought it would be better to write a report talking about the race in general and for details, you guys could check the shouting thread topic, with each one of you points of views...

And it wasn't a report only about my race, Sven! But since I'm the guy writing the report and I also know everything about my own race (obviously), it's easier for me to have/give more info about that - and since I 'mysteriously' crashed at the start of 4th lap, I wanted to explain why.

Anyway... I know it wasn't my best report and I know some of you didn't like it too much, although you were nice enough to say it was a 'good' one... I'm sorry for anything and I'll try to improve it on the next race(s)...

Still I think this is the best to do: Write a report talking about the race in general, with the most important info (who won, who scored points, changes on the championship tables) and for details, we can read it all directly from the source (you guys) on the shouting thread - otherwise there would make no sense to have the same info in both places...

But I also want to write reports that you guys enjoy reading, so it's ok to tell me what you think about them and I'll always try to improve them, even if only a little bit...
Smile

Arek

LAT
LAT
The most important thing for me is to have reliable and funny report. And it is Smile

View user profile

Thank you, Arek!
Smile

RACE REPORT UPDATED!!! (AFTER penalties) Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum