Server status
Twitter news

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

Setups

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Setups on 13th February 2016, 9:44 am

Hi, I'm Jake, for those who don't know me  Wink

I took part in 1 race last season, so I am by no means experienced. For this reason, I didn't know if it might be a nice idea for some of the more experienced and faster drivers to give us rookies a hand with the setups. I know a lot of people are willing to send theirs over the rFactor chat, but I thought it might be quite cool to have 1 (or more!) drivers upload their setups online, for less experienced drivers.

I'm not sure how different the physics are in the new mod, because we might be able to use S9 setups aswell?

Feel free to voice your thoughts on this.

Jake

View user profile

2 Re: Setups on 5th April 2016, 4:45 pm

Hi guys. I wanted to ask why my car is oversteering a lot? I'm not not good when it comes to setups

View user profile

3 Re: Setups on 5th April 2016, 5:05 pm

Michael Baldesarra wrote:Hi guys. I wanted to ask why my car is oversteering a lot? I'm not not good when it comes to setups

impossible to say without seeing the setup itself and knowing a bit more about your controls... do you drive with a wheel?

tell us a bit more and we can try to help

View user profile

4 Re: Setups on 5th April 2016, 5:10 pm

As Tom said its impossible to know without seeing your set, most likely its your wings though. If they are positive on front they are causing oversteer, set them positive to rear by adding rear wing or removing some of the front wing.

Team Pet Shark
View user profile

5 Re: Setups on 5th April 2016, 10:10 pm

Yes I'm using a g27 wheel. I know for the magny cour my aero is set to 18-20. Steering lock set at 13.5
Brake bias is 53.4-45.4 something like that

View user profile

6 Re: Setups on 7th April 2016, 8:31 pm

Michael Baldesarra wrote:Yes I'm using a g27 wheel. I know for the magny cour my aero is set to 18-20. Steering lock set at 13.5
Brake bias is 53.4-45.4 something like that
well start with the basics, the general stuff: at aero set at a lower value at the front wing and a higher one at the back, for ex in your case 16-22 or stuff like that....

Then also you could stiffen up the front suspension by increasing the front spring value. And also lower the rear spring value, so the rear end to be more stable especially out of the corners, on throttle.

Also at weight distribution you could put more weight to the front and less to the back.

I would say those are the primary things, no point messing up with dampers(bumps) , those are more for finishing touches.

For the brakes, if you have oversteer specifically on the braking you should increase the front value...

Race driving is like trying to thread a needle while running from a saber tooth tiger.

View user profile

7 Re: Setups on 9th April 2016, 3:34 pm

Ya u know what I am oversteering when I brake.

View user profile

8 Re: Setups on 10th April 2016, 1:22 pm

Did those changes have positive effects?

Race driving is like trying to thread a needle while running from a saber tooth tiger.

View user profile

9 Re: Setups on 10th April 2016, 1:47 pm

Yes

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum