Grand Prix Series S9 R13 - Monza Gp - Incidents

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Grand Prix Series S9 R13 - Monza Gp - Incidents on 10th January 2016, 2:50 pm

RACE

LAP

TURN

View user profile
Feature race 
Lap 3 1st lesmo me vs Marcel- Im very sorry for what happened, everything was lagging since race 1 and in feature race something was weong with my brake pedal car just didnt want to stop properly, I waited for you but yeah if I got penalty I would be ok with it. Once again really sorry Sad

Lap 4 parabolica me vs sexy- again case of god damn brakes I was gonna overtake but car just didnt stop and we both went wide because of it, very sorry mate Sad

Feature- me vs brakes and connection- as black would say- middle finger to brakes and connection

Overall shitty weekend for me at track where I won 3 times, makes me quite sad Sad

Team Pet Shark
View user profile
Feature Race

Lap 3 - between the Lesmos / 2nd Lesmo

On my screen (and you guys can see that on my replay files below) Rodix went literally 'through' my car - yes, as a ghost going through a wall - and then at the exit of the corner he spun - so as far as I know, it was not my fault, because on my screen I didn't know where his car was 'for real' (he was theorically behind me, but as I said, he suddenly appeared going 'through' my car and then just spun) - so, I'm sorry, but I honestly think it wasn't my fault at all...

Lap 15 - 3rd chicane

The stewards might even classify it as a 'magnectic crash' (that stupid bug some mods have on rFactor - and sadly, this one has it too), but I have my doubts...

Still, I'd like to ask Marcel anyway: did you REALLY NEED to go side by side at THAT spot of the track - one of the WORST ones to go side by side - putting us both through a BIG risk, especially KNOWING and SEEING that you were CLEARLY faster than me and going to overtake me a few corners/straights later - probably at the end of the 3rd chicane and/or before the Parabolica, on that same lap - with LOTS of time left for you to keep going with your race?!

Also.. I clearly had my car in front for the corner and I was going to turn tighter, but I couldn't do it, since you forced your way in - and that's ok and not a crime, since we are racing and you're trying an overtake, BUT.. again, as I said above.. that was NOT the best spot to try an overtake and also TOTALLY UNNECESSARY and UNWISE, so.. once again.. you should've just backed off and accept to lose a damn corner - it seems you just can't accept that, huh?! To 'lose' a corner, once in a while?!.. To think about the race as a whole and not going for 'all or nothing' all of the damn time, especially against slower cars, which you will easily overtake anyway just a few corners later?!.. Geez!!..

Anyways..
Sorry for the complain, but my weekend was bad enough already, to end on such a stupid way like that - TOTALLY UNNECESSARY stuff - really, but whatever - moving on.......

My own replay files - for the stewards (special attention to my incident with Rodix, as I mentioned above - 'Casper, the friendly ghost - la la la la la'... pale

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1mbs09tkrq4a2p2

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Cool Hey, I'm on YouTube! Cool
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/SexyBrigadeiro
Sexy, I see your frustration since my weekend was big shit aswell... I think I defended on the inside if I remember, but i don't know 100%. You could argue about every overtake at any spot and whether it was necessary or not, but you know that racing has a lot to do with instinctive reactions. I was alongside for sure, braked where I normally do, maybe unwise but not my fault. Obviously you were on the outside, and as you're saying I was faster for sure, so you could've backed out aswell. 

What then happened, was something that worked with Arek but not for us, I was planning to lift off a bit mid-corner and go wide to get a better exit. However, your car magically pulled into me due to magnetic, and I couldn't do anything from that moment onwards. If you would've continued i would've backed off like I did with Arek several times there. (You didn't have to, but you COULD HAVE... so not saying you did anything wrong)

Is there a way to fix this bug btw? Really annoying and destroying side by side action...

View user profile
"I think I defended on the inside" - wrong.
I was in front all of the time - you never took the place, until we crashed.
I was the defending car there.

"as you're saying I was faster for sure, so you could've backed out aswell." - wrong as well.
I was in front all of the time, as I've just said.
I had the position and I had the corner.
I had no reason to 'back out/off' - YOU were the one who should do it, since your overtaking attempt was too risky for that spot/moment of the race.
Since you 'forced' the overtake, you put us both into a big risk (and also totally unnecessary, since you were faster and were going to overtake me a few corners later anyway) and then a stupid accident happened - bug or no bug - the point is that it was a totally unnecessary move for that spot/moment of the race, since you were faster and going to overtake me a few corners later anyway - and also totally unwise, no matter how 'corageous' and/or 'determinated' as a driver you are - sounds like the same stuff Montoya and Maldonado would say to justify their actions... The same lame "Oh, this is racing and bla bla bla... I race to win, no matter what, bla bla bla" - even some things Senna said or did I don't agree with completely  and he got himself in big trouble a few times in his career for that too. The only difference between Senna and those other guys I mentioned above is something called TALENT... So even with a few 'unwise' decisions, Senna was still able to be one of the greatest of all time (THE greatest, in my humble opinion).
But still it gives me the nerves to hear other people (clearly NOT talented at all) using those arguments to try and justify unwise actions (or plain stupid decisions and moves) on track - especially AFTER causing equally stupid accidents... "This is racing", my ass!!..

Anyway..
I'm not worried with you getting a penalty or not - and I don't really care about what the stewards decide - getting your place and a couple more points because you got a penalty or not, won't change anything in my life.
But I'd REALLY like for you and a few other drivers here to change ('upgrade') your 'racing mindset' a little bit more and stop putting other drivers at unnecessary risks, just because you want to 'prove yourself' as a 'fierceful driver', or whatever... - car racing is NOT 'all or nothing' all of the damn time - geez!!..

Anyway.. I'm just sick of getting involved in stupid incidents caused by other people's unwise decisions - let ME make my own mistakes and screw up my own races - and I know incidents may (and will always) happen, but... let's try NOT to screw up with other people's races - that's not cool...

On another subject - forgot to say it on my previous post - Tony, don't worry about our 'incident'. That was just an unfortunate race thing - I didn't know about your brakes at that moment (that was BEFORE you whispered to let me know what was going on), otherwise I would've braked earlier and given us both more room, just in case... - I ask the stewards to DISCONSIDER that 'incident' (it should NOT be investigated or penalized, or anything IMO - that was literally 'nothing'.

Anyway.. pretty bad weekend for the team in overall, but it's 'all good' - let's move on...
Smile

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Well, whatever you say seems to be right I guess. You used the same arguments in Spa, that I'm using right now, suddenly they aren't invalid in your opinion anymore. You saw me on the inside, you COULD HAVE backed off (I didn't say you HAD to). Nothing would have happened if it wasn't for your car glitching into mine or mine into yours whatever it was. This simply is the magnetic bug, like I said. Whether my move was clever or not is not question, is it? I did everything legitimately and (I haven't looked into the replays btw) the outcome eventually was bad due to a magnetic bug, which I had no affect on. 

I don't know whether you're referring to me by saying there are people "clearly NOT talented at all", however I assume you don't. When I went for the move I surely didn't aim to create a magnetic bug and ruin your race, I'm sorry that it ended like that but for me there's nothing more. 

After the race, Spiritus told me that he knew this incident was going to happen (I think he was behind and saw it), because he earlier saw that in that particular corner you seemed to struggle. Anyways, I never braked later than the 100m board if I remember correctly, so I knew that I was going to make the corner myself and I can't be blamed for the bug, without it nothing would've happened...

View user profile
"Whether my move was clever or not is not question, is it?" - of course it is.

That's basically the whole point I'm trying to make.

Even without an incident or a crash, I would still consider that as an unwise decision and move, for all of the reasons I mentioned before - but let's recap them all again anyway:

- That spot was definitely NOT the best one for an overtake or 'sido by sido action' (and the track was FULL of waaaaaay better and ideal spots for easy and not risky overtakes).

- You were clearly faster than me (so no need to 'force' an overtake at ANY spot or moment).

- As I've just said, you were clearly faster than me, so you were going to overtake me a few corners/meters ahead anyway, probably on that very same lap (number 15, with still 7 more laps to go), which wouldn't 'ruin' your race if you had to 'wait' for a couple more corners before trying your move.

- And by trying your move at that spot of the track, at that moment of the race (and a totally unnecessary move, for the reasons just described above) you took and put us both into a BIG (and unnecessary) danger and risk and... sadly, an accident happened (unfortunately, or not - glitch or no glitch).

So - especially after a similar situation in Spa, involving you (where you put yourself and another driver into an unnecessary risk) - and after getting MY race screwed by other people's similar actions in the past... my complain was mainly about those 'unwise decisions' made by some drivers here, where they seem to 'disconsider' the race as a whole and think only on 'that specific corner they're fighting for at that very moment, as if it was the very last corner, of the very last lap' and then go for 'all or nothing' moves, putting themselves and (what's worse) OTHER drivers into UNNECESSARY risks...

So, jah.. my complain was not only about the incident itself - because as I said myself, it could even be considered just a damn glitch ('magnectic crash', or whatever you wanna call it), but my complain was mainly about those unwise decisions (unnecessary moves, at some specific moment of a race, or sector of a track) that some drivers take, putting OTHERS into risk - which REALLY sucks, even if "that's racing", or whatever other Maldonado/Montoya arguments people love to use in these cases...

Anyway...
You are (or at least seem to be) a talented guy for simracing - you're fast and skilled as it seems - and I'm not judging that.
Still, you're ALSO (and unfortunately) one of these 'all or nothing' & 'Mr. Unwise Decisions' guys, which is a shame.

I'm not perfect myself and NOT everything I say or do is 'golden' - and of course I also make mistakes, as everybody else, BUT... I think I also already learned a thing or two about racing and about not putting others into unnecessary risks, so I KNOW when to back off from a move I'm about to try, if that's to preserve the other driver(s) racing against (and along with) me - THAT'S more important than actually getting the overtake, or even winning a race or a championship.

Now THAT'S racing!
Being as fast and aggressive as you can, but also being careful with the other drivers, respecting the rules, being humble to accept you lost a fight for a corner, or a place, or a race, or even a damn title - and, above all else... just HAVING FUN - as I said before...
Winning is AWESOME and ALSO part of the fun (obviously). But it's NOT 'everything'.

But don't worry. As I said before, I'm not trying to get you a penalty.
Maybe I'm just trying to 'convince' you (and a few other people here) to be a bit more careful and ENJOY the fights, instead of going 'all or nothing' all of the time - enjoy the race, instead of only trying to win it at all costs - I can ASSURE you you're gonna have a LOT more fun doing that - you can be a top driver, fight for wins and titles and ALSO have some fun just ENJOYING the race, fights and etc - trust me!
Smile

something about the brakes with this mod, it just doesn't feel right to me... anyway I got warnings from the server because I cut the first chicane on two seperate incidents, lap 13 and lap 22 in the feature race, I don't think I gained an advantage with those two violations, but I accept any penalty

YOU MUST CONQUER THE WILD COUNTRY TO WIN THE RACE FOREVER!
View user profile http://blog-of-alaster.blogspot.com
Alaster wrote:something about the brakes with this mod, it just doesn't feel right to me... anyway I got warnings from the server because I cut the first chicane on two seperate incidents, lap 13 and lap 22 in the feature race, I don't think I gained an advantage with those two violations, but I accept any penalty

You can try to increase the brake disc (the last tab on the setup) or maybe the brake duct (because of the brakes temp - more than 1000C and they will start to lose breaking power).

Or try to adjust the wheel/KB settings... your pedals/buttons can be not responding properly to your actions... you can check it with a Hud like GID, where it shows your breaking level (like real F1).

View user profile

10 Re: Grand Prix Series S9 R13 - Monza Gp - Incidents on 11th January 2016, 12:38 am

Juan Caires wrote:You can try to increase the brake disc (the last tab on the setup) or maybe the brake duct (because of the brakes temp - more than 1000C and they will start to lose breaking power).

Or try to adjust the wheel/KB settings... your pedals/buttons can be not responding properly to your actions... you can check it with a Hud like GID, where it shows your breaking level (like real F1).
I see. It must be the overheating. I'll try bigger ducts and discs. Thanks for the tip.

YOU MUST CONQUER THE WILD COUNTRY TO WIN THE RACE FOREVER!
View user profile http://blog-of-alaster.blogspot.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum