Twitter news

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

Season #8 Mod?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 15th January 2015, 5:56 pm

f12000 is a great mod for close racing guys trust me

When you tear out a man’s tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say. Shocked Shocked affraid
View user profile

27 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 15th January 2015, 7:21 pm

wes can you be more specific and give us a link

28 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 15th January 2015, 7:36 pm

Arek

LAT
LAT
I've tried that 1992 mod proposed by Joe and it's pretty cool to me. I think it would be a nice option for us to try sth different Smile

View user profile

29 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 15th January 2015, 10:49 pm

ignore gay speech lol

When you tear out a man’s tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say. Shocked Shocked affraid
View user profile

30 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 3rd February 2015, 9:15 pm

Sven

League Director
League Director
Ok everyone, this thread will be closed on Saturday evening. Last chance to propose a mod for Season 8.

After that the LAT will choose the 3 best mods from this thread for the final drivers vote!

View user profile http://www.rfactor-racers.com

31 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 3rd February 2015, 9:53 pm

Last edited by Joe McLaggen on 6th February 2015, 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

32 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 5th February 2015, 5:29 am

The 1992 mod is undriveable.

I spent the last 2 hours testing it - I hope you guys TEST all the mods before making any choices - and the 92 one has a car that can never brake (you have to brake 5489485034 light-years before the corner) and it's extremely oversteery (which was expected, but still just damn annoying to drive).

But the worst thing is that when we reduce gears - especially from 2nd to 1st gear - in the middle of a corner and the car ALWAYS spins...

I tried LOTS of different gearboxes, messed with engine brake settings, etc... NOTHING could fix that shit.

I took about 50 laps on Jerez and I could only complete 3 clean laps.
In ALL of my other laps, I had issues that made the driving just impossible.

So anyway... These are some things we will only find in each mod after testing them properly, so PLEASE, make SURE to TEST the mods before having an opinion about them.

If you guys REALLY want an older mod, I'd suggest the F1 1991 LE.

DOWNLOAD:

mega.co.nz #!I80X1BRK!Xq_BKVVaasCyuje9VIgr6ykeNtdJDRgdwnVNcDAa2Jc

It's pretty much the same cars and teams as the 92 one, but at least it's driveable, as you guys can see in these old videos I made myself a few years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwEBb_eBkJM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAyT6QTFRbw

33 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 5th February 2015, 12:42 pm

I'll have a go at summarising the mods I've tested and how they feel for me Smile

1991 mod, is a pretty decent feeling mod, however the auto-clutch on it didn't work well in the version I tested, making it hard to drive with no clutch pedal, so I don't know how the keyboard drivers would fair on it.

One of the 1992 mods felt very similar to the '91 mod I drove before it, the gears were a lot smoother but the damage was non-existent even travelling at well over 180mph into a wall nothing was hurt.

'94 is a mod I've driven a lot with some of my friends from my old league, and it's a very nicely crafted mod, which wouldn't have any issues I can see Smile

The GPTeam 96/97 mod, is a very nicely put together mod, with a bunch of attention on making keeping the cars at a realistic pace, I've done countless laps in that mod and have never had any bugs or glitches I can think off, I'd love to see it used in it's vanilla form ... 

FSONE2009 seems like a decent mod, for the limited laps I've done in it, but I do think it might be time to give another mod a chance Razz

But in general, we have some pretty good options, but overall I hope we go with something older and not one of the broken 2014 mods Wink

Sometimes I make videos ... Click here to have a gander!
View user profile

34 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 5th February 2015, 3:35 pm

rft 2011 best mod to plat without problems in server.  my opinion king

View user profile

35 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 6th February 2015, 1:37 pm

So, here goes my feedback about all of the mods I tested - I know it's a lot of info, but pliss, take the time to read it all carefully:

Since lau didn't provide a link to the RFT 2011 mod.. here I go:

RFT 2011 - DOWNLOAD:

mediafire.com download/44znjw445j564p4/RFT+2011.rar

It's the final version of it (the 2.0) already 'updated'.

I remember this mod had an issue that it would add a lot of stuff to the game and change some configs, so... I removed all of the unnecessary files and folders that came along with the mod - the files and folders that would change (read it 'fuck up') rFactor configs and etc - and I kept only the necessary mod files and folders (GameData, rFm, UIData, etc), so you guys can install it with no fear - still I suggest to do it on a separated rF install, just for the mods testings.

I have another mod to suggest, which is as good as the one above.. and it's its predecessor, RFT 2010.

I used to play this mod a lot and it's really good!
It has nice graphics and car models, but it's light at the same time, because it doesn't have a zillion skins for each car...
It's challenging and at the same time fun to drive, with no 'tricks' that make it undrivable, as some of the other mods posted here...
It's also pretty realistic in terms of car performance and lap times, especially compared to our current mod..

So, anyway.. it could be a nice option too!

RFT 2010 - DOWNLOAD:

mediafire.com download/ts7iqbwmnn66o9w/RFT+2010.rar

So, my final thoughts about the mods I tested:

- 1992: nice looking, but terrible to drive. That damn 2nd to 1st gear change issue - car spins out of the blue, bla bla bla..

- 1991: nice looking and better to drive than the 92.. still not so great in overall IMO.. I mean.. not exactly what I think would be better to the league - and also we have a few better options below:

- 2009: very nice one (and my personal choice)! The best mod we had in the league so far and the best thing about it is that it's an easily customizable mod, so it's not exactly a '2009' mod, since we can add/edit the skins and teams as much as we want and have modern and older teams together and etc. Great, fun and challenging to drive, no to mention how close the drivers performances are with it (as seen on seasons 3 and 4, with LOTS of different drivers winning races and fighting for the Title).

- 2010: pretty nice graphics and car models, but light at the same time. It's challenging and at the same time fun to drive, with no 'tricks' that make it undrivable, as some of the other mods posted here.. It's also pretty realistic in terms of car performance and lap times, especially compared to our current mod.. - my 1st pick in case we weren't going with the 2009 one..

- 2011: just as good as the 2010 one. Pretty much the same positive points and I'd be ok in using this mod, although I'd still preffer the 2010 one, simply because I used to play with it a lot in the past, so I'm 'closer' to it a bit.. - but still one of the mods I'd vote for!

- 2014 (WCP): not so bad, BUT.. it has an issue related to the fact that we can NOT change the gear ratios (and yes, I know this is how it is in real life, but).. the car also spins on slower gears and we just can't fix that, since we can't adjust the gear ratios and this is pretty annoying (and also make the mod undrivable), not to mention that I think it's a damn stupid rule (even in real life) to force the drivers to use the exact same gear ratios for completely different tracks like, for example, let's say.. Monaco and Monza.. that's fucked up - and so is the mod..

- 2014 (Patrick): just as fucked up as the WCP one, but for a different reason.. On this mod, you CAN adjust the gears, but still when you press the throttle (even if very lightly), the car goes immediately (and I mean, at the fuckin' speed of light!) from 0 to the maximum revs and THAT also makes the car spin.. I tried using longer first gears and even setting the acceleration rates to the minimum (to have a very slow acceleration), but still I just couldn't accelerate without spinning.. barely could move the damn car.. And on the few times I was able to take a few corners, the car would spin again at the exit of the nearest slower corner again and again.. So, anyway.. another stupid and undrivable mod..

Long story short:

I'm not a great fan of the idea of going with too old mods - they may LOOK great and even be fun to drive offline, but certainly not to do it online, since they're all 'tricky' and have serious issues that make it literally undrivable for some (maybe even most?) drivers...

The two 2014 mods I tested are pure crap...

So, I'd like to go with one of these 3 mods: 2009, 2010 or 2011 - best picks in my humble opinion.
Smile

Yes, I tested each one of these mods as much as I could (spent at least a couple of hours with each one of them, including the 'undrivable' ones) on different tracks and took about 50 laps with each one of the ones I could actually drive, so.. I believe my reviews and feedback should have some value..

Of course, for whatever mod we pick in the end, a LOT of more tests will be needed and we may find some issues, bugs/glitches as well, but still the more we test right now, the better, so hopefully we can identify some problems soon and before picking another mod we would find out it's actually 'bad' later..

I hope you guys also do the same (test as many mods and as much you can) before taking any decisions (including you guys from LAT) and also share your feedback here, because it's important to hear it from all the drivers, each one of us with our own driving style (and devices - wheel, keyboard, joystick, etc) and personal tastes.. But let's not forget we should always try to pick whatever would be better to the LEAGUE (giving everyone a fair chance to be competitive and have some fun) and not only to ourselves!
Smile

36 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 6th February 2015, 2:13 pm

Nice post sexy, thanks for the RFT link as well

could you make an exact list of everything you removed, just to appease Lau please? 

so we don't get accused of tampering with the mod

37 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 6th February 2015, 5:25 pm

The mod comes with a lot of extra folders that are NOT part of the game.

These are folders (and files) that have technical stuff for the mod install only - but after the mod is installed, they're not necessary anymore (the mod - and its update to version 2 - is originally installed from an .EXE file).

And the 2011 mod also comes with the Plugins folder, with their own hud and java version and also with some rF files that are overwritten by the mod if you copy them into an existing rF install and... THAT'S what messes up with our rF configs.

So, I just removed all of this crap and left only the actual mod folders and files (GameData, rFm, UIData, etc).

You guys can see the folders and files removed (in blue) - these are the ones that alter rF configs, but are not exactly necessary to the mod - I mean, the mod works just fine without them:

(to be honest, even the 'Music' and the 'MovieFiles' folders could've been deleted too.. And I replaced the original mod songs (inside the Music folder) by the songs I have in my rF - but anyone can replace those files by whatever songs you guys want, so.. no biggy.. Razz )

38 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 6th February 2015, 6:15 pm

Ive read where there are some frame rate bugs with some of the F1 mods. 
The better the frame rate the faster and more grip the car has. They had guys with good connections test with their settings on high, then turned them to low or off and saw as much as 2-3 second difference in lap times. You guys may already test the mods for this but I thought it was something important to bring up. Here is the link to the bug on one of the mods (F1 2013). Not the same as F1 2013 WCP. I know they are talking about a particular mod in this thread, but it might be something to check for in any of the ones we choose.

FPS Bug

View user profile

39 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 6th February 2015, 6:23 pm

Interesting stuff, Rory!

And I don't doubt it could happen (at least in some mods), but I believe it's actually just a bug/glitch and something that happens only in a few (hopefully) specific mods and not something that happens in all mods...

I'm saying this because this season (and I still don't know why) I started to get some graphical lag on my computer when playing rFactor and then I had to put all the graphics on low - I used to play with all of them on full and I did that since 2010... - and by reducing the graphics, the lag was smaller (although it still happens and only on WCP13, so I believe it's mod-related), BUT... lowering the graphics and increasing the FPS did NOT make ME faster... at all...
Razz

40 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 6th February 2015, 7:14 pm

f1 2000 mod     [url=bitshare.com]bitshare.com[/url]

View user profile

41 f1 2000 mod on 6th February 2015, 7:14 pm

View user profile

42 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 6th February 2015, 7:41 pm

Can't download it from this link, Wes.

After waiting the 60 secs countdown and then solving the captcha, a 'Start Download' links appears, but when I click on it, I'm redirected to a page that says 'sorry, no upload server avaliable' and bla bla bla...

I tried in Chrome, Mozilla and Internet Explorer..

If possible, try to get a MediaFire or MEGA working links - these are the ones that usually work just fine.

43 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 6th February 2015, 7:51 pm

ok

View user profile

44 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 6th February 2015, 8:01 pm

Official Calendar:

Round 1 | 2012/01/22 |  Montreal 2011, Canada
35 Laps

Round 2 | 2012/02/05 |  Österreichring, Austria
36 Laps

Round 3 | 2012/02/19 |  Monaco 1988
39 Laps

Round 4 | 2012/03/04 |  Korean International Circuit
28 Laps

Round 5 | 2012/03/18 |  Hockenheim 1999, Germany
23 Laps

Round 6 | 2012/04/01 |  Aida, Japan
42 Laps

Round 7 | 2012/04/15 |  Magny-Cours, France
36 Laps

Round 8 | 2012/04/29 |  Sakhir, Bahrain
29 Laps

View user profile

45 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 6th February 2015, 8:02 pm

?

46 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 6th February 2015, 8:40 pm

View user profile

47 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 6th February 2015, 8:43 pm

File has less and 1 mega, Wes..

I downloaded and opened it..

It's just the update. NOT the actual mod..

48 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 6th February 2015, 8:44 pm

ffs

View user profile

49 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 6th February 2015, 8:45 pm

Sorry, mate..

50 Re: Season #8 Mod? on 6th February 2015, 9:26 pm

FSONE 2008, provided by Tony in the Admin Area:

ftp://hsw.hu/hsw/rfactor/mod/FSONE08_V1.0B_FULL.zip

Another pretty good option IMO!
I tested it and it feels really nice and challenging!
It's a shame those 2008 cars looked so ugly IMO, but.. yes, the mod itself is also a good one!
Please, give it a try and analyze it yourselves, everyone!
Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum