» Hi racers
by Alex Hill Today at 1:07 am

» rFR GP S13 - Team Choice
by Sexy Brigadeiro 20th September 2017, 5:23 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 05 China Grand Prix - Incidents
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 7:16 pm

» rFR GP S13 - Championship Standings
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 5:35 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 05 - Provisional RESULTS - China GP (Shanghai)
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 5:35 pm

» rFR GP S13 - Official Replays
by Sexy Brigadeiro 17th September 2017, 4:46 pm

» rFR S13 - ROUND 05 - China Grand Prix - Event Sign In (17/09/17)
by Alaster 16th September 2017, 11:52 pm

» rFR GP S13 - 04 Portugal Grand Prix - Incidents
by Blackfox 10th September 2017, 7:41 pm

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 25th April 2014, 8:53 pm

Sven

League Director
League Director
no sexy, JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE. we will choose a set of tires for each GP

View user profile http://www.rfactor-racers.com

52 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 25th April 2014, 8:55 pm

This is a stupid real life rule, Sven.
It will force the drivers to have the same strategy.
The rule I suggested is waaaaaaaaaay better and more interesting for the races and league - t doesn't 'hurt' anyone and it gives us all a bigger number of strategies - how can this be bad?
If we are following the real life rules, then we would be forced to use BOTH compounds in each race as well.
If we are 'ignoring' this rule anyway, why not accept my suggestion, which is clearly a good one?

53 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 25th April 2014, 9:07 pm

Sven

League Director
League Director
no we wont have the rule to have to use both compounds

54 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 25th April 2014, 9:13 pm

Yes and since we're not using 100% real life rules anyway, why not using my suggestion, which is a good one?

Why forcing people to use only - for example - Meds and Hards, making everyone to go for only 1 stop (everyone with the SAME strategy), when maybe people going for 2 stops using Softs+Softs+Softs would be faster? So if people were allowed to use whatever tyres set they want, the races would have a bigger number of different strategies and then the races would be more interesting to everyone!
It's a rule that bennefits EVERYone - it's NOT unfair to ANYone - and it's better to the league as a whole.

As I said before, we're not using 100% real life rules anyway, so why not doing as I suggested?
Why my suggestion is not good?
Give me some good reasons, because so far I didn't hear ANY.

55 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 25th April 2014, 9:24 pm

Sven

League Director
League Director
this rule is to ban the things we hated about the last season. 

If someone manages to save the tires much better then he wouldnt have such a huge advantage. when we only use med-hard for example he wouldnt be able to do a one stop race on softs Very Happy

56 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 25th April 2014, 9:29 pm

This is stupid.

Last season was a completely different thing.

The MOD was what caused that.
It WON'T happen with the mod we're using now, so it's not necessary to do that.

All you guys are doing with this stupid rule is forcing everyone to have the SAME strategy in each race, so... once again, you guys are taking away MOST of the strategy element from the races, which is obviously a bad idea.

And all I asked (suggested) was to give EVERYONE MORE strategy options.
I still can't see ONE (or more) 'bad' aspect(s) about it - it only brings bennefits to ALL of us, to the races and to the league.

57 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 25th April 2014, 9:53 pm

Allowing all 4 compounds does not give all these different strategies as you suggest.

There will always be 1 or 2 good strategies ONLY, and if you have the same tyres at every track then 2 of the compounds won't even be used in the season (like season 3).

Everyone will end up on the same strategy with your rule or this rule because people will always find and tend to the best strategy.

If you set 2 compounds for a race, with a big difference, then you can get some interest.

eg - Supers and Meds at Canada - 3 stints with high grip but high wear and making 2 stops - or 2 stints with less pace but just 1 pit stop. Or some mix.

But if you allowed the Softs and Hards as well for this hypothetical race, then everyone would just go for the compromise on Soft - because the advantages of Super or Med are too small compared to Soft, but not to each other. Hards would be completely ignored.

There will be 2 compounds set at each race and drivers can use them however they want.

58 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 25th April 2014, 10:02 pm

Arek

LAT
LAT
In Bahrain:

SS 8 laps
S 11 laps (pucture in the last corner of 12th lap)
M - no data Razz (probaby about 16 laps as Sexy has tested)
H - no data Razz (probably way more than 16) Razz

No problems with rear tyres. The front left died as first with half of a red square for the rear left, one full red square for the rear right and almost 2 red squares for the front right so the wear is equal and I can't see any problem.

Brake duct 3 - 26 laps or sth (out of 28)
Radiator 3 - the engine was still alive when I lost the brakes.

Conclusion: the hard compund is useless and I would trash it Razz

View user profile

59 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 25th April 2014, 10:25 pm

I still disagree, Tom, because as I said before, the mod, car set and driving style are different between the drivers, so there WILL be some difference in terms of how each compound last for each driver and MAYBE for some drivers, the best strategy would be using a compound outside of the ones allowed by the admins, so in this case, these drivers are having a big disadvantage.
You can't assume everyone will have the same performance, or prejudice some people just because they're forced to use the same strategy as everyone else - sometimes their best option is to use a completely different strategy - so, the more options we give, even if some options are not 'theorically good', the better - they may be good to some drivers, even if they're not good to others...

60 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 25th April 2014, 11:26 pm

after test race i see medium tyres is for 15 laps and my race pace was at 1.30 low and my best 1.29.5 

look this screenshot at the end of the race with tyres

and my race pace

part 2

part 3

View user profile

61 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 26th April 2014, 1:12 am

havent done any longrun tests yet but one thing i noticed is that the engines are too sensitive , it would die suddenly if i downshift a little bit too much. so i wonder is it possible to make the engines slightly stronger?

View user profile

62 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 26th April 2014, 1:19 am

Arek

LAT
LAT
I don't think it's needed. I could do the whole race distance fighting in slip stream for most of the time with rad 3 many times and I've never lost the engine Razz

If you don't know how to downshift, go back to school! Very Happy

View user profile

63 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 26th April 2014, 1:23 am

but for me its easy to downshift too much or too early since my downshit key is right below my turn right key so i sometime pressed the downshift key by accident when i want to turn right Razz

View user profile

64 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 26th April 2014, 1:28 am

Sexy Brigadeiro wrote:You can't assume everyone will have the same performance, or prejudice some people just because they're forced to use the same strategy as everyone else...
You can't assume that assuming everyone assumes that you assume what the admins assume about performance of the tyres, that it will put everyone on the same strategy. That would be a silly assumption to make, I reckon. Smile

Team "Grande" Pet Shark

"I don't need another novel..." - Mike Henry Jr
View user profile

65 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 26th April 2014, 1:32 am

Alex Hill wrote:havent done any longrun tests yet but one thing i noticed is that the engines are too sensitive , it would die suddenly if i downshift a little bit too much. so i wonder is it possible to make the engines slightly stronger?
That's quite realistic actually. Other mods you could leave the car at 18,000rpm for 2 minutes without it blowing up. Surprised

Team "Grande" Pet Shark

"I don't need another novel..." - Mike Henry Jr
View user profile

66 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 26th April 2014, 1:35 am

Adrian S Shole wrote:
Alex Hill wrote:havent done any longrun tests yet but one thing i noticed is that the engines are too sensitive , it would die suddenly if i downshift a little bit too much. so i wonder is it possible to make the engines slightly stronger?
That's quite realistic actually. Other mods you could leave the car at 18,000rpm for 2 minutes without it blowing up. Surprised
yea thats true , i just felt weird blowing engines is so easy on this mod since our previous mods experience Razz

View user profile

67 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 27th April 2014, 11:57 pm

medium for china isnt good because we can use it only for 10 laps, at start i was thinking 50 ltrs was good with medium but it wasnt because 35 ltrs was enough and 50 ltrs made me slow at first laps, when i did pit stops i was faster because i change fuel to 35 ltrs 

here is my race feedback

my tyres after finish the race 

and my race pace 

part 1 (at first 10 laps i was with too much fuel)

part 2 (and last pit at the end of 20th lap)

part 3 (and last laps)

View user profile

68 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 28th April 2014, 4:56 pm

Sven

League Director
League Director
thx giorgos Smile

69 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 28th April 2014, 5:29 pm

Alex Hill wrote:
Adrian S Shole wrote:
yea thats true , i just felt weird blowing engines is so easy on this mod since our previous mods experience Razz

I managed to blow my whole engine in one corner by just slightly earlier downshifting. Going a little over 18k Rpm. So it's totally unrealistic. In a Way it is realistic but they overdid it so much that it has become even more unrealistic than the other mods. Anyway It's quite fun i have to say. I was Like :O when the Setup changes worked like Ice Cream

View user profile

70 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 28th April 2014, 6:01 pm

like ice cream?

71 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 28th April 2014, 6:08 pm

could someone Deactivate on the server that the track gets changed after the time is up...

View user profile

72 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 28th April 2014, 6:10 pm

Sven

League Director
League Director
you can call a restart by yourself..

73 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 28th April 2014, 6:15 pm

Sven wrote:you can call a restart by yourself..

I don't know how o:

View user profile

74 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 28th April 2014, 6:58 pm

Just click on 'restart weekend'...

Anyone can do it if they're alone on the server.

Also anyone can use the command '/callvote event [EVENT NAME]' to load any track that's in the server.

To load, for example, any of the 16 tracks we used last season, all you guys gotta do is type:

/callvote event rFR S5 01

/callvote event rFR S5 02

/callvote event rFR S5 03

/callvote event rFR S5 04

...etc, etc, etc, until track 16.

75 Re: Season #6 MOD DOWNLOAD (FINAL) on 28th April 2014, 7:21 pm

My Feedback:

Setup changes are not that bad, actually pretty good against ctdp or Fsone.
The Car Feeling is better than ctdp or Fsone.
The Car traction, or Grip, and Level of easiness of driving is so pathetic easy, that it feels like a arcade Game. (I'm very dissapointed from wcp since they can't manage it over 5 years now to make a Car which has a bit of realismus in it or at least (is harder to Drive) ).
The Tyre Physic is better than on Fsone or Ctdp the Only bad thing is that it looks like the Grip doesn't really decrease when your tyre Overheats it only increases when the tyre is cold.
Overall it's alot easier to Setup the car because they actually do the right Things but the Driving around the circuits is so boring that i nearly slept in 30mins ago. Send me a Pm when you decide to finally use a Fsr mod and i'm back for a full Season. At Least with a fsr mod i can Drive a Good one.

I would say this mod is a bit under Decent. Fsone was Shit. Ctdp: didn't like it at All. I would say Lmt 2010 was the best mod this league ever used (and i hated the Setup Limitation on that Mod)...

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum