Server status
Twitter news

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shouting thread - Italy

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Shouting thread - Italy on 23rd March 2014, 3:08 pm

Tell us about your Race & Quali

if i*ve ever offended you, just know that from the bottom of my heart, i really dont give a shit
View user profile

2 Re: Shouting thread - Italy on 23rd March 2014, 4:35 pm

Sorry Tom, I went on the grass under braking and my car skidded it's my fault

View user profile

3 Re: Shouting thread - Italy on 23rd March 2014, 4:51 pm

What a great fight i had with girgos  Surprised  (hard guy to pass lol)

View user profile

4 Re: Shouting thread - Italy on 23rd March 2014, 5:06 pm

very nice fight i had with Juan but sorry to Jure for crash at 2nd lap i think that was my mistake,not bad race for me today but i was very slow i hope i can be faster than today for next race but 7th place isnt bad (yes i know i was 7th but last loool) Very Happy

View user profile

5 Re: Shouting thread - Italy on 23rd March 2014, 5:36 pm

good race, my first podium since last season

passed easily by Tony early on, I had no chance to keep in touch with the front 3

then Denis hit me, it happens, no worries, but I lost a place to Cueball

Cueball then crashed off the road for me putting me back into p4 Razz

Then after a cautious pit stop I had Alex Hill behind me, he was very quick

I was struggling to keep him behind me, we had a tough fight but it was fair IMO - Alex tried to pass me over the white line on the pit straight, so I didn't let him back on the track as we approached the concrete wall, so he had to yield. Sorry Alex if you felt hard done by, but I'm not being passed off track! Tony knows this from France season 3.

Then Tony had his brake issue and put himself sideways in the middle of Parabolica right in front of me - that was scary!

Then Joe had some problem, or was bored, or something because he slowed right down. But I couldn't get past him, I just wasn't quick enough.

Finished p3 about 0.3 seconds behind Joe. Good race!

6 Re: Shouting thread - Italy on 24th March 2014, 3:41 am

I spent a lot of time trying to help pet shark have another competitive race - it's not always possible for him to do a one-stop on softs so we tried to take advantage of it. Unfortunately it seems the bug in the mod also affects brake wear as much as tyre wear, because we both ran the same brake setup and his failure happened very early on considering that we tried to play it safe (brake duct 4, front disc thickness 2.5).

It's a real shame because not only did he drive better than he did in Spa - passing Joe and Tom; two of the best drivers in the league - but he also had the flu and a broken shift button on wheel, meaning he had to use the sequential shifter and therefore was driving one-handed whilst sneezing: A true test of skill! Razz

Anyway at least we all saw his potential. It's just a taste of things to come in Season 6. Very Happy

Another great job by Joe and a warm welcome back onto the podium for Tom. Smile

Team "Grande" Pet Shark

"I don't need another novel..." - Mike Henry Jr
View user profile

7 Re: Shouting thread - Italy on 24th March 2014, 4:35 am

good race overall with a decent result 

in quali , i made quite a lot mistakes on my valuable timed laps , in the end i only able to set one laptime which is 0.7 slower than my pb 
so i started on P6 , and was able to hold my position, but since i had zero longrun experience , i just kept making mistakes after lap 2, and i spun and crashed into the barrier after lesmo and my car bounced back on the other side of track, fortunately Areko did a good job avoid my car so no big thing happened andi dropped down to P9 . then i passed Dead after his mistakes and then i caught up , i passed him at parabolica but after some laps i lost my rhythm and went wide so he passed me again , but i made a brilliant outside overtake move on the 2nd chicane on the next lap , got the place back agian Wink

then i decided to make an early pit stop on lap 9 switched to another set of softs, and quickly passed Fish and Sven thanks to their mistakes, then drove lonely and waiting for guys in front make their pit stops, after their pit stops , i was up to 5th place and just about 2 sec behind Tom i think so pushed hard and soon got really close to him , and on lap 19 i had a better exit after parabolica and thought i could gone to the inside coz its just impossible to pass round the outside as it turned out later in the race but Tom did a good job defending hard so i was outside of the track and had to back off coz of the wall. and then lap after lap , my only chance was basiclly T1 only but Tom did a faultless job to held the inside line at there every lap and also had very good braking into T1 even on the inside so i couldnt get pass , very nice defending driving mate.  on the last couple of laps , i was struggling with my tyres and also brake i was sliding through some corners in the last lap Razz, so i finished on P4 in the end thanks to Tony's brake issue, what a shame mate you did a brilliant job in the race bad luck 
congrats Adrian for the win and a Vettel style race Razz  an awesome 2nd place for Joe , and a great comeback to the podium for Tom

View user profile

8 Re: Shouting thread - Italy on 24th March 2014, 2:41 pm

I watched the race replay and have to say that the start was amazing! Less contact than in real F1, great job from everyone! Smile

Team "Grande" Pet Shark

"I don't need another novel..." - Mike Henry Jr
View user profile

9 Re: Shouting thread - Italy on 24th March 2014, 4:08 pm

Arek

LAT
LAT
Good race overall with a shitty result Razz

I reached 9th time in quali which wasn't bad considering the amount of laps I had done before this GP (18 laps on last monday and most of them during test race restarts).

I had a good start passing Deadfish who fell a sleep a bit. Then it was all clear through the first chicane having a little fight with Cue but I couldn't pass him at the exit.

Then after the other guys' mistakes I earned some free places. I had a few nice battles with Alex Hill (who thinks that he made a great overtaking meneuver on me  passing me by the outside in the second chicane where I just knew it was Alex and it would be better for me if I just let him go to avoid a crash Razz ) and Deadfish.

At one point I found myself in 4th with Denis on my back trying to catch me. We both went to the pits on the same lap. I had the last service spot and I noticed there was Tom standing on his own right before mine. I was going and going through the pit lane and he still was there so I didn't know what to do. I thought about waiting to let him go away but I also thought he might've had some failure and would've spent more time there so I decided to try to sqeeze myself in between him and the safety car standing right at the front of  my pit spot. It was very tight there but when I was doing it Tom started moving so I knew I'm in trouble. I stopped at an angle of 40 degrees and it was not possible to get away without using the reverse gear. But I tried without and I hit into the safety car so I had to go backwards anyway... Facehand  Of course Denis passed me easily and must've had a big laugh looking at me from his car.

It's not the first time that pit spot is f***'n my race up.

Anyway later with two laps to go I had a brake failure which caused a huge crash at Parabolica so this make me feel better at least Razz

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum