Server status
Twitter news

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shouting thread - Imola

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Shouting thread - Imola on 9th February 2014, 3:10 pm

Tell us about your Quali and Race!!!!

if i*ve ever offended you, just know that from the bottom of my heart, i really dont give a shit
View user profile

2 Re: Shouting thread - Imola on 9th February 2014, 4:27 pm

Good quali, I was happy with p3. Don't think I could have done better. 

I gambled on a two stop strategy and it was going well after a good clean start.

I was nicely on course for p3 and a podium. I even managed to lead a lap. 

Then it all came crashing to and end because Lau braked way too late. He hit me and took off my rear wheel without even losing his front wing. 

My engine cut out instantly and my race ended in the same piece of gravel as season 2, once again with three wheels on my wagon. 

3 Re: Shouting thread - Imola on 9th February 2014, 4:30 pm

My apologies tom. I surprised when braking, I tried to avoid, yet I hit the rear wheel. sin, as though we were different strategies. (Irony of fate is that today I looked and I was surprised that I had in the first 8 races no penalty  Very Happy ). Sorry about the incident, but occurred only because different braking zones but not the intent.

View user profile

4 Re: Shouting thread - Imola on 9th February 2014, 5:14 pm

I like very much this track. The weekend wasn't that good for me. Turns out that i couldn't get the best of my car to set a better qualy lap.

The race started with some issues, mainly lack of grip because of the temperature of the track, tyres, etc.

I tried to improve my setup by setting some dampers to make it more stable with full tank. However those dampers made the car more stable but slower. It worked against the general performance for the whole race.  facepalm 

I had lots of action in the race. Busy all the time with different drivers like Arek, Sven, Tony, and Adrian too. They were offering good fights, opposing strongly to be overtaken.

Nevertheless, i had the best fights with Denis who not only was driving pretty fair and fast, but he was able to hold my pressure for a very long time unerringly.

In the last lap Denis started to drive "safely" by slowing down in the corners (to reduce the risk of making a mistake, i guess). However i was decided to get past him and I drove very close to his rear end looking for any little chance for overtaking (as i was doing the whole race without any problem). But suddenly he braked more than what i expected and i couldn't avoid him. We crashed in the very last lap, in the fast chicane before the pit entry with Arek 5 seconds behind us. Lucky seu juvenil!  Cool 

I feel terrible for that because Denis really deserved the 3rd place. He was doing a superb job.
Finally we ended 4th (Denis) and 5th (Joe). I'm sorry Denis.

Sadly this weekend ends bit bittersweet. Because If i wasn't able to get the podium. I was going to be very happy seeing Denis taking it for the first time this season.
Nice job Sexy Wink  points are always welcome Very Happy!

Congrats podium!

Last edited by Joe McLaggen on 9th February 2014, 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

5 Re: Shouting thread - Imola on 9th February 2014, 5:24 pm

Thank you very much, Joe and I'm really sorry for what happened between you and Denis. Very unfortunate... If Denis deserved that 3rd place, you surely deserved that 4th place as well...

My race was actually the opposite of yours...
It was pretty damn boring, both because I was slow and couldn't get close to anyone and have a decent fight - but also because of this crazy ping issue I'm having (it's normal on my screen - around 200 - while to everyone else it's around 500 and people say I'm lagging), so I was also trying to stay away from everyone else, because I didn't want to cause them any problems, so if I lagged next to any of you guys, I'm really sorry and I hope that didn't affect your races...

Race was also annoying to me, because all of the time I was fighting against the car and the track, trying to avoid those kerbs the best I could, because while you guys can use them as if they were all flat, I can easily spin even if I just touch them slightly - I tried a lot of things to solve that and not even Joe's set worked. So, everyone was getting a big advantage by using the kerbs, while I had to brake a lot and not only go slower, but also take a longer path in each corner, so.. no wonder why I was about 2 to 3 secs slower per lap than everyone - yay...

And oh, of course, I couldn't have an 'spins-free' race and I spun 2 or 3 times and lost about 10 to 15 secs with that - and I finished the race 6 secs behind Bober and 14 secs behind Tony, so.. if it wasn't by my mistakes I could've had a chance to get 2 more places...

But anyway.. with all of that put together.. I think 8th place and 4 little points are surelly better than nothing, but at the same time it was about what I was expecting, so I can't be exactly 'happy' with that, so.. whatever.

At least this one is over, so let's move to the next one and hope it's 'less bad' to me..
Razz

My race replay:
mega.co.nz #!IMx3hR4J!xKhdvWgtEQ4MRluii5MMEAgsnHGKxG6-08hoTf7bifc

6 Re: Shouting thread - Imola on 9th February 2014, 5:39 pm

Sorry Adrian that was terrible of me, I had a vistor, loud knocking at the door, no one answering so got distracted and crashed. When trying to rejoin I totally messed up and caught Adrian, I really hope it didnt affect you. I then got beached at the next corner :)What a race :)It was fun for a while Smile

View user profile

7 Re: Shouting thread - Imola on 9th February 2014, 5:45 pm

My race was good despite some big mistakes. Smile

On my first stint I locked a rear wheel at the second chicane just before jumping the curb, so when I landed from the jump, the car gripped pointing in the wrong direction and I shot head first towards the wall but thankfully didn't touch, though I had to reverse out.
Then, at my pit stop, I went in too hot and locked rears yet again and spun a second time. To make it worse, I tried to spin the car around the right way but the pit building was too close and so I had to stop and reverse again.

I had some heart-in-mouth moments too, with back markers appearing in front of me at the last moment. Luckily I got away with marginally clipping cueball (although in the replay I didn't touch him) but I ran head first into deadfish who was pointing the wrong way at the hairpin. I was lucky not to get serious damage considering the speed I hit him.

Apart from those things, I was pretty happy with my race consistency and I was able to push at the end of the race and the car felt nice, though I finished with just 0.1L of fuel. 

Tony had an amazing first stint, setting close times to much faster drivers on softer tyres. You may have had a few incidents, but it's a big improvement from the last race so we're getting there, pet shark!
Tom drove a fantastic race on his return, very fast and consistent. It's a shame about the incident, which I saw just up the road from me. It's never nice to see a loose wheel.
Bober did a great job too considering it was his first race with this mod. Well done.

See you guys wherever the next race is. Smile

Team "Grande" Pet Shark

"I don't need another novel..." - Mike Henry Jr
View user profile

8 Re: Shouting thread - Imola on 9th February 2014, 9:59 pm

Arek

LAT
LAT
Wow, what a crazy race! It started just in a terrible, ok maybe not in a terrible but very bad way to finish on podium! Smile

Quali went very well. I made a solid lap but I was suprised Tom and Denis were able to sqeeze out 15,0 which I didn't supect. Still the 5th grid was ok.

I knew I would have a very bad start whatever I do because of the setup. My reaction for the green light was one of the fastest as I saw later on the replay but still after a few hundrests metters I got passed by Joe and Tony as if I was driving a heavy truck Razz

Also Sven found himself in front of me but I took the inside line through the first haprin (nicely done by everyone) and overtook him back losing just two places after, let's say, "the first corner".

Then I had a few nice fights with Joe (sorry for that a bit harsh overtaking again), Sven and Denis but there always was some little mess in front of me that I had to slow down to avoid a crash and every time it happned the guys who were behind were taking the adventage and getting past me which didn't make me happy Razz

So at some point I found myself in 10th having Sexy in front of me...  Rolling Eyes 

If it wasn't enough, of course I had to do mistake and spin my ass because race without a spin is not a race to me Razz

But I didn't give up. Decided to do push like hell - what else could I do? Razz

And it payed off. I felt great on this track, the pace was very good. I was driving alone the rest of the race having a free track all the time.

For the last 10-12 laps I was chasing Denis and Joe reducing the gap and hoping for some present from them. And it happend on the very last lap! I didn't see what happned, I just noticed that my hud with positions started to go crazy and when I looked at it being on the main straight and corossing the finish line I realized that I was 3rd!  Surprised

View user profile

9 Re: Shouting thread - Imola on 9th February 2014, 11:39 pm

My near miss with cueball. Very Happy

Team "Grande" Pet Shark

"I don't need another novel..." - Mike Henry Jr
View user profile

10 Re: Shouting thread - Imola on 10th February 2014, 12:09 am

Surprised  lmao sorry mate jsut glad i never took you out of the race  Razz

View user profile

11 Re: Shouting thread - Imola on 10th February 2014, 12:17 am

that reminds me of this classic incident from season 2....

12 Re: Shouting thread - Imola on 10th February 2014, 7:41 am

I had a bad start, I dropped to 6th place, but on the first lap I was able to play one place Joe. Oh, hell, on the second lap I pushed so hard on the brake pedal, my pedals were far under the desk, and I almost stopped to get them. Facehand   And Joe closer again and we had the best fight was hard to restrain champion behind, but I tried very hard. I had a lot of bad luck this season and I really wanted the podium. And I was almost there on the last lap but I failed, we had contact with Joe and we were thrown off the track. Yes, my tires were worn out, I had a soft 16 laps and on the last lap I slowed down, but it was my trajectory just so I pass this bunch turns.
All normal Joe I do not hold on you the evil you're a great driver, and I always like to fight with you. Good luck to you on your home Grand Prix.  Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum