Server status
Twitter news

Find us on

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shouting thread - Austria

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Shouting thread - Austria on 26th January 2014, 3:31 pm

Tell us about your Quali and Race!!!!!!

if i*ve ever offended you, just know that from the bottom of my heart, i really dont give a shit
View user profile

2 Re: Shouting thread - Austria on 26th January 2014, 4:45 pm

Quali went not so well...
I got traffic in some of my laps... made a mistake in a few other ones and even cut T1 2 times - but I aborted those laps right away - and still I got a 7th place, which was about the place I was expecting to start anyway, so... jah.

When the race was about to start and my car was already in the grid while the lights were going off, I noticed I still had my quali set (LOL), so I desperately left the track and went to the garage to load my race set... I thought I wasn't going to be able to come back in time and I would have to start from the pits, but... when I clicked to come back to track, luckly I appeared in the grid again, BUT... all the other cars were beginning to move at that exact moment (LOL), so I had a pretty bad (but clean) start... Lost a few places until T1, which was all ok due the circumstances, but then at T1... I got hit and sent to the runoff area... Then I fell to penultimate place and my car was full of yellow damage - I didn't know if it affected its performance or not, but... what else could I do other than just keep going?

Well, so I did...

I earned some places from other people's mistakes during the race, but I still made a LOT of mistakes myself, spun 2 times, went to the gravel trap, lost about 5 to 10 secs in each one of these mistakes - all kinds of shit (what's new?!)...
But still I was able to have 2 very nice fights against Sven (before my pit stop at the end of the lap 18 - half of the race) and against Alex (after my pit stop) - very good job, gentlemen! Clean fights and the best of them is that I WON - HA, YEAH YEAH!
Very Happy

Near the end of the race, I was close (and getting closer) to Mr. Juvenito, AKA, Areko and I was about half second faster than him per lap, but due to all of the time lost during the whole race, that wasn't enough for me to catch him before the end... - as I said a zillion times before: you're a damn LUCKY JUVENIL!!!
Razz

But all things considered - also in the season so far - I finally got a 'decent' result (which was my best in Season 5, so far) and finished in 5th place, scoring 10 points - wow! Feels like a win to me!!!
cheers

Congrats JOE for the PODIUM!!!
Ferrari is just warming up!!!
Cool

My replays - quali PB + race:
mega.co.nz #!MYhzCDDb!JkoBZD4j6VBTYRrjKiTBT6VHoMRVqu6VhwSvrygcaDQ

3 Re: Shouting thread - Austria on 26th January 2014, 5:30 pm

My qualifying went well. Portimao setup worked well, so I just had to dial in some more wing, especially front because traction was quite good here. My best lap was just on the lines, so it was very satisfying even though I couldn't repeat it on my last run.

Despite a spin, my race was quite good but marred by crashing into Joe. Sad

I hate it when people crash into the back of me, so to do it to someone else, especially Joe (who we all know is one of the fairest drivers on the grid), is very annoying.
We also made contact early in the race when I spun after sliding out of the first corner, so it seemed like another Ferrari/BMW magnet race.

Despite the crashes, it was quite a fun race with some nice fights on track. Maybe lau squeezed a bit too much (thankfully there was a curb I could drive over), but the driving was mostly very fair.
In the last stint after crashing Joe, I tried my best to bridge a gap to cover off my penalty but it wasn't quite enough, 1.5s short. I'm not sure if there will be any other investigations, including about qualifying cuts, but anyway it was overall a pretty good weekend.

Team "Grande" Pet Shark

"I don't need another novel..." - Mike Henry Jr
View user profile

4 Re: Shouting thread - Austria on 26th January 2014, 8:37 pm

Arek

LAT
LAT
I'm very happy about my result Smile I wouldn't say it was one of the toughest races I have ever had, it was rather boring but finishing in 4th place starting from 8th it's a nice thing. Except for the start I didn't have much direct fights.

At the begining I gained a few places after other drivers mistakes, then I got passed by Denis but still was able to keep close to him but without a chance to fight back. After some time he went to the pits. It was a bit early, I think after 12 laps or sth so I thought to myself that if he didn't put on mediums or hards he would have to pit one more time. Meanwhile I got passed by Adrian and a few laps later I made my first (and only) big mistake and spun on worn soft tyres.

I went to the pits and changed them to mediums but I didn't feel very comfortable with them. My pace was lower, the car started to slide here and there. During my pit stop Denis jumped up in front of me havng about 6s gap (result of my spin) so I was just driving and hoping for his another pit stop. Finally he did it so I took the 4th place and carefully brought it to the end which was a piece of cake (letting one noob think he was faster) Razz Great points for the team Smile

View user profile

5 Re: Shouting thread - Austria on 26th January 2014, 9:43 pm

I was on Softs+Softs and your tyres can easily last more than mine in this mod and still... you used Mediums, so... who's the noob here?!
Razz

6 Re: Shouting thread - Austria on 27th January 2014, 9:10 pm

I'm sorry Lau...

My passion is driving
View user profile http://topraceadrenaline.com/

7 Re: Shouting thread - Austria on 28th January 2014, 10:35 pm

I know Im late but who KERS!

It was bad race for me, I was fast on one lap but couldnt do a good lap in quali(whats new...?)...

In race it couldve been much better if Otti didnt bump me and we both spined out, and after that I was held up a lot by slower guys and had problems with some backmarkers too. So it was pretty much boring race to me, I had a few moments that were good, had a pretty good start, and nice fights with Denis and Alex, but shame they didnt last too long...

I barely did race Med+Med as when I was about to pit and finish the race my tyres were about to blow, one more lap and they would be gone. I dont know why some guys are able to do soft+soft while I barely made it on meds, shouldve taken hards to be safe... Its not good this season so far for me, Id like to be a good teammate, and provide my team with more points, and I know I am capable of that but this tyre bug just doesnt allow that to me, I will have to do something heroic to come anywhere near the podium with this tyres...

Congrats to ADRIAN for win!!! Very Happy  And also Lau and Joey for their podiums! Smile

Team Pet Shark
View user profile

8 Re: Shouting thread - Austria on 29th January 2014, 4:03 am

Antonio Hreljanovic 1 wrote:Id like to be a good teammate
What are you talking about? You are the best team mate ever! Very Happy

I agree, the tyre bug is stupid (and I still think we should change the tyres). But considering Sexy has the same issue, I think it should be your target to beat him in the WDC. Payback for last season. Twisted Evil

Team "Grande" Pet Shark

"I don't need another novel..." - Mike Henry Jr
View user profile

9 Re: Shouting thread - Austria on 29th January 2014, 4:06 am

That won't be hard.
This season I couldn't even beat Chilton if he was in our league...
Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum